Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Haldon Forest – local trails
  • dja25
    Free Member

Anyone know if there’s still any ‘local’ trails at Haldon Forest? There used to be a load on the other side of the hill. They still there? Like to do a bit more than just the red trail when I next visit

carlphillips
    Free Member

yes the other side is all there still, the cafe side dh trails have been re done following some felling a wee while ago…currently awful conditions so probably best avoid any cheeky trails/off piste for a while.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

As per the above, the off piste stuff will be a total mudfest at the moment.

Del

lots of riding up there but you’ll not easily string the good bits together by yourself. post when you’re coming and someone will guide you i expect. if i am available i will, certainly.

ontor
    Free Member

wot del said.
    also, some trails almost unrideable, mega gloopy out there today.

carlphillips
    Free Member

yup, I stuck to local cyclepaths and a tiny bit of well surfaced well drained (rock basically) cheeky near me today, not going to trash my local trails so will stay off them for a wee while yet…

edit @Del, I’ve been getting up Haldon friday evenings lately, anyone of your lot ride up there then? wouldn’t mind riding with somebody when my lot can’t make it…

ontor
    Free Member

I’m sometimes up there fri night.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

@carlphilips – did you ever get that CD I sent with the workout info?

Apologies for the thread highjack.

carlphillips
    Free Member

@hamish yes I did thank you very much…sincere apologies for forgetting to thank you 😳 (i though i had, I’m normally pretty good at that!)
    im still working through it its pretty bloody tough, and a few injuries/laziness put me back a bit but I’ll get there!

@ontor could you fire me a mail/mobile number and i’ll bell you when I’m going it’d be good to meet up..

Del

Carl, I tend to be doing other things friday nights.
    regular sundays, 11 @ the hub, or very regular wednesday night, either leave the Ley @ Kenn @ 6.30, or be @ the top of the tarmac cycle path where it comes out by the a38 flyover ready to go @ 7. few beers after, sometimes slow, sometimes quick(ish), always social. good bunch on both IMO.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Heh – no worries. I have singularly failed to do any of the exercises seriously. Separated shoulder in June didn’t help…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Haldon Forest – local trails’ is closed to new replies.