Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Guidance appreciated from law enforcement officers
  • cinnamon_girl

I had a bike accident earlier this week which resulted in a few days stay in hospital due to unconsciousness and injuries.

I would very much appreciate some guidance from officers of the law as to how I should deal with this. E-mail in profile.

Many thanks. 🙂

wwaswas

Nothing to say other than hope you heal quickly.

njee20
    Free Member

Hope you’re alright!

What were the cicrumstances? Hit by 3rd party? Crashed on street furniture/poor road surface? Just lost control?

wwaswas

one thing I have got to say;

Don’t say anything on here about the accident or its circumstances.

nickjb
    Free Member

Some detailed advice here (although it might be too late for some of it): http://www.lfgss.com/thread4213.html

mamadirt
    Free Member

Damn, hope you’re OK.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Eeek! 🙁

Hope you’re ok!

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for the replies and the very useful link. I’m having to piece a jigsaw together, found out a few more bits this morning.

In a lot of pain and would frighten small children with my injuries!

yunki
    Free Member

oh man.. that’s crap..

best wishes 🙂

Sue_W
    Free Member

C-G really sorry to hear that, sounds pretty bad. Hope you recover swiftly.

I’d suggest you contact the ctc’s accident line on 0844 7368452

LoCo
    Free Member

Healing vibes CG 😀

druidh
    Free Member

RustyMac

That is propper rubbish, hope the bike is ok and more importantly you heal quickly*

*hang on this is STW did i get that the right way round 😉

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Oh no, sorry to hear that. 🙁 Was it on the road?

Hope you heal quickly…take arnica tablets and use the cream for bruising.

TPTcruiser

After being hit by a car it took me some time to get the right time-line back, whether it was the shock/bump or me cutting and pasting in other close things as ways of explaining what happened.
    It comes back in time, with help from friends.
    Get well soon and on your bike when you are ready.

mashiehood
    Free Member

get well soon CG – my commute to work was a bit wild this morning, must tone it down a bit.

joolsburger
    Free Member

You really need proper professional advice the CTC, as has been said, is a good starting point.

RichPenny
    Free Member

🙁 🙁 🙁

Hope you feel better soon CG. Sending healing vibes from the other side of the shire.

Rich

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Get well soon CG.

X

bigjim

After my accident I contacted the CTC accident helpline but as I wasn’t a member at the time they couldn’t assist me.

Try and find out if there are any CCTV cameras where you had the accident and see if the tapes are still available.

If you don’t have cycling insurance check things like your house contents insurance, mine came in useful which i wouldn’t have expected, but check it soon as I missed the chance to claim for damage to my bike as left it too late.

I hope the police are useful for you, I spoke to the officer who attended mine and he said he was ‘only there to see if I was dead or not’ , and hadn’t taken the details of any witnesses who had stopped so I never found out exactly what happened.

And get well soon and don’t stress about the legal side of things, its easy to get caught up in it when you are off work and stuck on the sofa.

piha
    Free Member

Hope you are on the mend CG.

Bunnyhop

Oh no!
    Mend soon and I hope you are able to sort things out pretty quickly.

Sounds like a nightmare.
    Big hug from Bunnyhop xx

project
    Free Member

http://WWW.BIKELINE.CO.UK

hOPE YOU MAKE A GOOD AND SPEEDY RECOVERY

allthegear
    Free Member

Ouch!

Hope you get well soon!!

Rachel x

Andy

Good to have a chat today C_G. Excuse me for disclosing but a pretty scarey accident. Healing vibes and hope you get the support you are due from everyone (oh and this is a bump… 😀 )

donsimon
    Free Member

Take it easy, take your time and get well…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If no one has said it yet – photos – of your injuries, of the scene, of your bike.

Any witnesses? get statements now if you haven’t already

FieldMarshall

CG

Shocked to hear this. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Karinofnine

Oh no! Get well soon xx

PaulD
    Free Member

CG,

Very sorry to read this….get well soon.

PaulD

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Get well soon

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

oH sH1T. Get well soon.

Anna-B
    Free Member

Was properly gutted to hear of your accident CG. I can’t offer any help ref your question, sorry, but just to say that the one dealing I had with the police and a road/cycling incident, the officer that was assigned to me couldn’t have been more helpful. She was a cyclist herself, so I really hope that you are treated with sympathy in relation to this. Hopefully, being in a smaller locality like the one you’re in now will mean that they have more time to deal with instances like yours.

Hope the physical injuries heal quickly, and that you are not going to be put off cycling of any type.

A x

cinnamon_girl

Thanks everyone for the good wishes and for the e-mails and texts I’ve received. The mtb community is a good place to be. 8)

It would appear that I hit gravel when descending a winding singletrack road. What is really unsettling me is a window of around 5 hours where I have no memory, some of which I had lost consciousness. Fortunately I was not hit by a car.

If there’s one thing that I want to learn from this is to carry some ID – I had nothing, nobody knew my medical history, my family couldn’t be informed etc.

Stay safe.

busydog
    Free Member

CG–hope you are on the mend–I’d think losing a few hours like that are really frightening.
    Must be why Mrs busydog insists I carry at least a business card in my Camelbak and fill out the emergency tag inside my helmet–your situation makes one realize how easily it could happen to any of us who rides

Stoner
    Free Member

Good to hear your pukka, but, out of interest why the need for “law enforcement officers”?

cinnamon_girl

Stoner – I didn’t intend to come across as a drama queen. 😳 I know what probably happened although there were no witnesses. In my state of shock after the event, I wondered if a car had hit me and driven off.

Was also disturbed that I had been found lying in the road in a semi-conscious state and the Police hadn’t become involved. Indeed, when I contacted them, they did not want to become involved either.

This was my first road accident and was unaware of procedures.

AndyRT
    Free Member

I hope you’re on the mend. Sorry to hear such scary news and events…

Stoner
    Free Member

ah. drama queen 😉

This was my first road accident

as a cyclist you are insignificant, there’s no procedures if you bury yourself in the hedgerow…

Still gaps in memory or coming back yet? You were probably just having a powernap.

Jamie
    Free Member

@CG

I have one of these.

Pricey, but snazzy 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Guidance appreciated from law enforcement officers’ is closed to new replies.