Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Grr Joplin again – dropping when not wanted!!
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

When riding (seated) over rough ground my joplin 4 drops an inch or so without the remote being pressed. Initially i thought that it was down to the base of the saddle activating the actuation lever but no! Anyone any ideas? will mail 2pure tomorrow

racing_ralph
    Free Member

anyone??

big_scot_nanny

This won’t be too helpful, but this happened with my Joplin 3 and it’s been back under wrranty. Waiting for repair or replacement but I view the Joplin as a consumable. Gting a GD turbo for the new frame.

There are various bits and bobs on the net about cycling the post up and down to resolve this, but in my experience that did deck all. 🙁

Sorry not better news! Maybe someone else can help?

kev

racing_ralph
    Free Member

where is druidh when i need him??

jambon
    Free Member

Maye your Joplin should meet my Speedball – it rizes by itself – they could cancel each other out…

racing_ralph
    Free Member

lol

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

It’s based on the Maverick damper assembly and periodically needs bleeding to keep it working.(RR) the cable could be set so the actuation lever is just opening the valve that controls the post and the hits are allowing the oil to port thru the partially opened valve.

What it doesn’t show in the instructions is that you need to depress the actuation lever when you pressurise the air chamber, or the air doesn’t get to the right position in the assembly and this makesthe post behave like a suspension post.
    Another cause of this is air trapped in the outer section. This is solved by loosening the collar on top of the outer section of post that seats the wiper seal, and cycling the post up and down a few times to drive out the unwanted air.
    Instructions for both can be found on http://www.maverickbike.com

Junkyard
    Free Member

what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    causes
    1. insufficient air /oil levels in the damper cartridge
    2. cable pulled too tight so the threshold for activation is too close /not quite off so when you hit it hard it drops
    3. It has a broken internal seal but not sure why it would not drop all the way if this occured

Pieface

Crank Brothers product in failing after being used shocker

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Theres a really good service guide (not the one 2Pure/Crank Bros issue) online – google it, think its the top hit (a .pdf file). I followed that and my post works spot on (I have only had one ride on it post-service though!).

racing_ralph
    Free Member

if it was a seal surely it would happen all the time?

goog
    Free Member

Gravity Dropper

ferrit
    Free Member

I know this isn’t too helpful but, I’ve yet to see a Crank Bros product that doesn’t break into two pieces/fail/cause injury when used in anger.

So….

Gravity Dropper. Very happy with mine.

Hope you get it fixed though – sounds like warranty claim is the best bet.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Mail 2Pure. Ranald was excellent when I dealt with them the other week.

timraven

Once I put an old inner tube round it to keep the muck out and cut a lump out of the saddle for clearance it’s worked brilliantly for me.

Sure it’s not the saddle touching the lever when you’re bouncing on it

steve_b77
    Free Member

I have heard that Charge Spoons have the saddle/actuation lever interface issue

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Grr Joplin again – dropping when not wanted!!’ is closed to new replies.