Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Grip bolts question
  • root
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’m new here (first mountain bike but coming from BMX), so hello! Great forum, been lurking for a while and the posts have helped me out a few times when i’ve been stuck etc.

Anyway, bought some grips from CRC and one of them is missing both of the allen bolts(?) that slot through the metal end bits. I’ve emailed CRC about it but just wondering if these are fairly common since it might be quicker/easier to pick some up from a shop. I’ve looked on screwfix but couldn’t find them.

These are the grips:

http://www.deitycomponentsstore.com/deity-enoki-grips1.html

According to that they are 3mm

Thanks for any help

ThePinkster

In my experience although the thread is for a standard 3mm bolt the heads on the lock-on clamp bolts are a lot smaller than standard 3mm allen bolts.

Had to use a standard 3 mm bolt myself in an emergency the other day and the head sits proud of the clamp.

pudd
    Free Member

Give CRC a chance to respond. They’re very good with customer service. Failing patience you can call them on , 02893352976.
    Don’t be tempted to use inappropriate or poor quality hard wear as a substitute.

root
    Free Member

Pinkster, thanks for the info, guess that limits things a bit then.

pudd, OK thanks for the help. It does sound like i’m being impatient but it’s just because I wanted to try and get this sorted before Sunday really.

pudd
    Free Member

Don’t blame you root. Be a little firm with CRC and demand next day delivery. They’ll usually try to keep you happy.

Greybeard
    Free Member

If you do want to buy bolts (but not by the weekend) I’ve found

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/stainlessbolts

to be good

root
    Free Member

yeh hope so pudd!

Thanks for the ebay link, tbh i’m sure i’ll need more nuts and bolts down the line, so cheers for that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Grip bolts question’ is closed to new replies.