Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Greeks Economy On The Brink Of Collapse
  • wwaswas

"maybe it's time for some asset stripping?"

Time for that old Morecombe and Wise gag;

'What's a Grecian urn?'

'About three drachmas a week!'

DrJ

What's Papaconstantinou's english like ? And suggesting that he probably speaks better english than me won't count for much – I speak a bastardised industrial version of english, which I suspect isn't taught very much in Greek universities.

So why are you laughing about how he will speak like a kebab-shop owner? As I said – probably you sound more like a kebab-seller then he does.

Papaconstantinou's bio

neilforrow

salad, onion, chilly, burger sauce, chilly sauce, mayo? £4.90.. next/

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So why are you laughing about how he will speak like a kebab-shop owner? As I said – probably you sound more like a kebab-seller then he does.

Where's the bit where I was laughing at how Papaconstantinou spoke ? I said, quote :

"I like the idea of George Papaconstantinou asking the IMF "Borrow us some money"…….specially if he says it in the same accent as the geezer down my local kebab shop. "

How Papaconstantinou actually speaks in reality, is completely irrelevant. I still like the idea of him saying to the IMF "borrow us some money" like the geezer down the kebab shop. Specially if says "Hello Peeps" like Stavros first.

And why FFS, would I sound like a kebab-shop owner ??? I might speak with a South London accent and be hugely generous with my double negatives, but that would be more in line with someone who sells chips or seafood, not donner kebabs………what exactly are you on about ? 😕

tyger
    Free Member

Ernie, do you reckon this could seriously damage the Euro as a currency?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No idea mate. Now let me ask you a question ……………….chilli ?

patentlywill
    Free Member

greece should sell islands

I thought Angela was sofetening them up before she offers to buy their coastline off them – I was joking but then saw this

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Greeks Economy On The Brink Of Collapse’ is closed to new replies.