Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Gravity dropper service times
  • sweepy
    Free Member

Sent mine off for a service around a month ago, how long can I expect to wait based on your experience?

PolisherMan

Can’t help, but next time do it yourself. They’re an absolute doddle.

sweepy
    Free Member

I was going to, but by the time i’d got the parts I needed it was just as cheap to get them to do it, and I hoped they would improve the stick on repair I did on the turbo mounting 🙂

scottfitz
    Free Member

Can’t help, but next time do it yourself. They’re an absolute doddle.

This its so easy.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Images/sizecharts/gravitydropper/gravity_dropper_spares1.pdf

Unscrew 52, replace 42 (£1.99), Re grease, re screw 52.

5 mins and under a £10. Simple.

sweepy
    Free Member

Aye, but it needed a new cable, set screws and clamp band as well and the hope is they just do it all for me (fingers crossed). I also heard they reinforce the turbo bonding with screws so it seemed worth the punt.
    Missing it now tho, specially when the saddle caught me in the wedding tackle as I fought to stay on the bike on a ropey descent the other day.

mrh86

They got mine back to me within 2 weeks. I had the same thing happen to mine with the turbo unit. They tapped 4 tiny little machine screw holes in it. They also replaced everything apart from the post section.

When the dispatched it they emailed me with a tracking number…..

granny_ring

How much do they charge all in?

mrh86

$18 for a full warranty service (which includes them replacing pretty much everything). However….. youve got international postage on top of that to get it there (which I think was £20 with RM). They pay return postage.

granny_ring

Ok cheers.

sweepy
    Free Member

No they charged me for return postage as well as the service, but post to them was only 13 quid cos I sent it untracked. Which is a shame cos I’ve emailed them and apparently it’s not turned up. Cobblers 🙁

Thanks for the replies all.

granny_ring

Hope it turns up sweepy, how much did they charge for return postage?

sweepy
    Free Member

28 dollars odd for postage. It is a bit of a nuisance, it’ll be a while before I can get another but if thats the worst problem in my life I can’t complain. Particularly when it’s my own fault.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Gravity dropper service times’ is closed to new replies.