Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Gradbatch – Will it be muddy ?
  • Stainypants

I am doing a route around gradbatch and the roaches tommorrow biblical rain or not.

I’ve not ridden all of the area before what will it be like around gradbatch woods

especially around here

Very soft ground through Luds Church, other trails in the area are ok, if fact they hold water so well they turn into mini rivers as they are on a rock base

Only ever walked through Luds Church, wouldnt have thought it would make good riding? (though over stuff is top notch)

nbt

Having seen the rain today and the water flowing down the “streams” between here and Buxton, I can quite safely say NO, it won’t be muddy, it’ll be underwater

Probably the best time to ride it while its raining as well, had loads of hassle trying it at weekends, none at all riding in the evenings

Graham_Clark

Parts of the ridge path will be fine… but other bits (the ones where the very old armoring has gone) will be really wet and slippy. Not a great plan to ride here in the day on a weekend with this rain as it will just leave a bad impression of bikers being where they shouldn’t.
    As I said in a previous thread… the Ranger didn’t use to mind too much with folks riding the ridge, as long as they were sensible.. Riding it tomorrow, in my opinion, is not very sensible.

Stainypants

I’ll take my scuba gear. Probably the only family free weekend at home this year and it looks like i might spend tommorrow gathering up animals two by two.

Nick

Stainypants

I wasn’t planning on riding anything cheeky just flowing the route from the wildboar map. So i meant the area in general not footpaths through the woods

Good descent that bit on your little bit of map there, make sure you ride through the ford, great memory’s of my mate stalling and not able to unclip so taking a full sideways dip

Actually, just noticed the arrows go up the good descent 🙁

M6TTF
    Free Member

It’s still raining now, hasn’t stopped since 6am – they’ll be some serious water up there tomorrow as well a fair bit of mud

Stainypants

I going to give it a go everyone else has bailed,
    Just been out it 11 degrees in Macc so it will warmish rain if nothing else.

Nick

Stainypants

Went out, only about 100 yards that were unrideable and i’m sure its unrideable most of the year. Had to wade 2 1/2 ft through the ford at gradbach scout camp, got lost and ended up doing a bit of road to Flash stores for brunch. Then I snapped my mech hanger on Cumberland Clough. Three shires head was fantastic with the amount of water flowing

Link to the rest of the photos
    photos

M6TTF
    Free Member

some good pics – we went up over dane bower hollow and down cumberland brook – there was a lot of water, charity lane was like a river too – lots of flooded areas but mostly rideable –

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

dane bower hollow? where is that exactly? was speaking to a few chaps who headed down that way, i had never heard of it, unless its known as something else?

edit: just spotted its the descent from C&F! doh didnt know it was named that!

Looks proper wet, glad you tried the ford 😀

M6TTF
    Free Member

dane bower hollow? where is that exactly? was speaking to a few chaps who headed down that way, i had never heard of it, unless its known as something else?

edit: just spotted its the descent from C&F! doh didnt know it was named that!

its the moor from the cat and fiddle across to the congleton-buxton road, notreally much of a descent really.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Gradbatch – Will it be muddy ?’ is closed to new replies.