Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • GPX of the best routes in Delamere please ?
  • excitable1
    Free Member

We’re on the move and Delamere is going to be our new back yard. We’ve never been far away from Delamere but TBH I’ve never taken the bike there, don’t know why, just haven’t.

Now it literally is going to be on my new route from the front door. I know it’s riddled with trails and I will explore it to death to get to know the best (and cheeky) bits but I’d appreciated a head start with a good GPX if someone is willing to share. E-mail in my profile.

Thanks

skeetsgb
    Free Member

one of the problems with a gps round dele is that some of the trails are so close together, it gets confusing for the gps unit. Im sure tracs the bike shop on site still does evening ride on thursdays round the forest, which would be a good start to find bits.

if i remember when i get in from work ill email you one.

excitable1
    Free Member

Thanks skeetsqb, much appreciated.

excitable1
    Free Member

Bump – anyone else got a GPX please.

skeetsgb
    Free Member

sorry pal, i new i would forget. lol. ive emailed you a couple. hope that helps 😉

steve_b77
    Free Member

There’s organised rides on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.

That’s the best way to find your way round, either that or meet with a friendly local with good knowledge, 25-30km is more that do-able without doubling back on yourself and if you take in Primrose & Gresty woods you can get a fair amount of climbing in too, 7-800m in 25km is doable too.

Oh yeah, I tend to lead the Tracs ride when I’m there too, also been known to lead on Mondays when the usual guy ain’t there.

curlie467
    Free Member

I echo what Steve said, you are more than welcome to tag long on any of the rides as mentioned, drop me an email if you are interested.
    Steve knows the place well, the guy who leads on a monday knows it frighteningly well.
    I lead rides and grew up in the next village to delamere so have been in there since I was a kid so know my way round pretty well.
    Loads of singletrack and loads of fun to be had, fantastic place to hve on your doorstep.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘GPX of the best routes in Delamere please ?’ is closed to new replies.