Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • GPX for Holmfirth, Marsden, Wessendon
  • 888trojan888
    Free Member

Afternoon All,

Im looking at exploring the above areas on the mountain bike in the next couple of weeks.

Has anyone got a GPX files/recommendations of any decent routes they wouldnt mind sharing?

Cheers

crikey
    Free Member

If you want a big loop from Ashton I can describe it to you, how well do you know the area already?

888trojan888
    Free Member

Well i live Ashton…….i know the area reasonably well but still learning or trying to learn new routes since i moved up here.

crikey
    Free Member

http://g.co/maps/vzb65

Try that and see if it opens….

crikey
    Free Member

It’s a big loop with no shops, and it goes into Yorkshire, where they will have no hesitation in shagging you, killing you and eating you. If you are lucky, they kill you first.

888trojan888
    Free Member

That is a big route cheers. Yep heard about the yorkshire folk……..im looking forward to it 😉

crikey
    Free Member

im looking forward to it

You’ve moved up from the South, haven’t you?

More seriously, use the western ends of that route to get you to places in Saddleworth; there’s lots of good riding around there.

888trojan888
    Free Member

Yep thats right.

Im quite familar with the routes around saddleworth but was looking to venture further aroound the area.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Mmmm, could be a nice loop that, clockwise or anti?

Thanks, Paul.

crikey
    Free Member

Better descents going anticlockwise, tougher/harder climbs t’other way.

aazlad
    Free Member

There are lots of Saddleworth circuits on my Strava account. If you have an account feel free to follow me for access to the routes. (aaron cousins)

Stevelol
    Free Member

Hi Aaron, I’m quite local to areas described in OP, just had a look at your strava and found your pobgreen descent and marsden route from 29/03 (can’t copy paste as on phone and URLs are weird), can you tell us anything about these routes? Good descending? I’m after anything localish that’s fast with some decent techy bits.

aazlad
    Free Member

Both the pobgreen and marsden descents are pretty techy with cobble filled ruts etc but great fun. There are lots of this type of descent on the pots ‘n’ pans hill above Uppermill. The easiest way up is to ride up the Holmfirth road and access the hill from the a landrover track opposite the farm.

The marsden descent is accessed from the penine way which follows the top of stanedge.. Boat lane from the road that crosses stanedge down to dggble is also a great descent.

I’d be happy to show you some stuff around here but don’t have a bike for the next two weeks as my forks gave gone to mojo for a service.

I moved to Uppermill six months ago and I’m sure there’s still loads of stuff I haven’t discovered.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

@crikey thanks for the info. Did this yesterday starting southbound along the PBW from Diggle. Just finished before apocalyptic hail storm 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘GPX for Holmfirth, Marsden, Wessendon’ is closed to new replies.