Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Governmental sexual abuse cover up. Latest evidence/allegations…….
  • Sandwich

So why are we reading about it?

Strangely this all broke the weekend Andy Coulson went down for hacking. Maybe the third estate wanted a distraction from the main event and what better than a “Won’t Someone Think of The Children” story?

Just sayin’, like.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@MoreDash – anyone who works in Child Protection deserves a huge amount of praise, what a tough tough job that it is.

I hope this Westminster business get’s very thoroughly investigated. Westminster has failed to clean itself up in terms of expenses/cash etc this is the moment to do the right thing and be seen to be doing it.

ourmaninthenorth

Butler-Sloss stands down….

Which actually, as far as justice goes, isn’t a great thing. She’s an exceptional judge and, given her record, entirely suited to running a victim-lead enquiry.

However, the old phrase “justice needs to be seen to be done” is as true as ever when considering the arena of the allegations, and so I applaud her decision to step aside.

Of course, there is another argument that we don’t need judges to lead enquiries (the outcome isn’t a judicial decision after all), but in this case I think the severity of the accusation warrants that level of probity.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

One word of caution that someone flagged up recently over a ‘young boys’ comment – up till 1994, the gay age of consent was 21, so something that was ‘underage’ then, wouldn’t be illegal now. Which of course opens up a huge can of worms when people are discussing past comments or knowledge about underage sex.

Good point.

Also a good point imo is just how homophobic Thatcher and her cabinet were.

Section 28 which was enthusiastically introduced by Thatcher and her Tory cabinet was a particularly nasty piece of homophobic legislation.

So it turns out that while top Tories were denouncing homosexuality at their party conferences afterwards they relaxed by shagging young male prostitutes.

If we are to believe the allegations of course.

ninfan
    Free Member

Yet homosexuality was only legalised Scotland in 1981 and in Northern Ireland in 1982, under pretty much the same Tory cabinet – strange thing democracy, isn’t it?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I was thinking more along the lines of “strange thing hypocrisy, isn’t it?”

Or can’t you see the hypocrisy of top Tories denouncing homosexuality at their party conferences and then later on in the evening shagging young male prostitutes ?

ninfan
    Free Member

Got any proof that individual MP’s said one thing and did another? Perhaps those with a touch of the lavender about them weren’t making speeches denouncing it? perhaps they disagreed with the policies – again, thats what happens in a democracy, party policy isn’t always supported by everyone in the party (see your hero Ken as an example).

I mean I haven’t ever read any openly anti-gay speeches from Harvey Proctor or Ted Heath, have you?

I note that the names of the two Labour ministers supposedly on the operation Ore list along with Townsend never got released: http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2003/jan/13/childprotection.children

project
    Free Member

and then later on in the evening shagging young male prostitutes ?

Job creation,or sleeping on the job,

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

(see your hero Ken as an example)

I’m being serious now, I cannot believe just how intellectually bankrupt you are that the “trump card” you always play, when faced with an embarrassing revelation concerning the Tory Party, is to refer to Ken Livingstone.

Seriously, find a new record to play – it’s so pathetic that I actually feel sorry for you. Although I know I shouldn’t.

ninfan
    Free Member

So, Ken always supported party policy?

Its a perfectly valid point, because you’re indicating that all members of the party should accept collective responsibility and be expected to toe the line in their private life, regardless of what they actually said or did.

Or are you just throwing your dolly out the pram because you know that, you can’t defend your earlier statement, and your tired old ‘Fatcha routine got shot down again?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Its a perfectly valid point..

There’s nothing valid about changing the subject because it embarrasses you.

This thread and the allegations made by a former Tory activist have nothing to do with the Labour Party or Ken Livingstone.

RustySpanner

ourmaninthenorth – Member

Butler-Sloss stands down….

Which actually, as far as justice goes, isn’t a great thing. She’s an exceptional judge and, given her record, entirely suited to running a victim-lead enquiry.

I agree.
    But her brother is named in the allegations.

ernie_lynch – Member

Also a good point imo is just how homophobic Thatcher and her cabinet were.

Section 28 which was enthusiastically introduced by Thatcher and her Tory cabinet was a particularly nasty piece of homophobic legislation.

So it turns out that while top Tories were denouncing homosexuality at their party conferences afterwards they relaxed by shagging young male prostitutes.

ninfan – Member

Got any proof that individual MP’s said one thing and did another? Perhaps those with a touch of the lavender about them weren’t making speeches denouncing it?

Rhodes Boyson, also named in the allegations is the first one who sprang to mind after reading that.
    He seemed to blame everything on homosexuality.

chewkw
    Free Member

damn IT Crowd posted.

😆

RustySpanner

Deleted – idle speculation.
    RS.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

What I want to know if this Baroness has stood down – does that mean I can apply to be a Baron?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

How many cock-ups (pardon the expression) does the Home Secretary have to be associated with before the obvious question is asked? Competency to deliver must trump gender at some point surely. Today, we will witness a very different message from Westminster though.

Northwind

I think Theresa May gets a lot of leeway on account of not being Michael Howard or David Blunkett. I think I’d rather have her freight train of ****-up than their more skilled scumbaggery tbh. But that’s not the strongest endorsement ever.

grum
    Free Member

Amazing te lengths ninfan will go to to defend his right-wing heroes. Even defending a conspiracy to commit and cover up child abuse.

Have we done this one yet?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwkOWPauu_A[/video]

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Too much bloody leeway. It’s embarrassing

She even looks apologetic when speaking in the HoC .

Coyote
    Free Member

Was going to comment on the clip above but to be honest I don’t have the words. Vile creatures.

konabunny
    Free Member

What I want to know if this Baroness has stood down – does that mean I can apply to be a Baron?

You can apply all you like matey 😉

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Governmental sexual abuse cover up. Latest evidence/allegations…….’ is closed to new replies.