Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Gothenburg trails?
  • webradders
    Free Member

Dose anyone have ideas/maps/links/knowledge of trails in or around Gothenburg? cheers

marty
    Free Member

try the folks over at http://happymtb.org/

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

There are some excellent trails just outside the city centre. Next years MTB National champs are also being hosted in the city.

When are you over?

This is a classic, Ginger Spice. Around 15km long in an area called Änggården

More info

shaxi
    Free Member

This is a classic, Ginger Spice. Around 15km long in an area called Änggården

thanks for your sharing , in fact know little about the city ! 😳

webradders
    Free Member

Excellent Chef!

I will be over on the morning of Friday 9th December and booking a bed in Slottsskogens Vandrarhem (is it far from the trails?).

I’m over until Monday afternoon so should be riding for 3 days 😛

If your there it would be great going with a group?

Cheers, Brad

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

The 11th Dec is the final round of the national CX cup in Göteborg, (I’ll be racing), which is being held in Slottskogsvallen, by the athletics track.

This will also be the area where the MTB XC nationals will be next year, although there is no riding as such in Slottsskogen, it is only 3 KM from the area where I linked into above.

If you want to ride with the locals then simply create an account at happymtb.org and place a forum request, they are a freindly bunch and writing in English is OK.

webradders
    Free Member

great feedback Chef. I’m already signed up to happymtb.org and will now post for a meeting 😉

Do you advise me bring m,y Commencal Meta or XC race bike?

Cheers, Brad

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I “only” have a hardtail XC race bike which is fine if your skills are up to it. Two short sections of Ginger Spice take some nerve to ride, but everything else is just as it should be.

I would say the perfect bike is a UK style long travel hardtail, say a Soul with 120/140 forks.

Guess the Meta is FS? Its been unusually dry here, but things could change in a couple of weeks, which means mud can be an issue with regard to cleaning, parts wear etc.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Well how’s it going?

Saw you made contact with the locals, too bad I was racing as I’d have liked to come along too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Gothenburg trails?’ is closed to new replies.