Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Got my bike sorted today.
  • Johnboy373
    Free Member

I gave my rear derailuer a whack the last time I was out. so I had to take it to my LBS for them to fix it. I also got them to service my bike while they had it.

On inspection they had to replace me BB Cupset as the old one had seized, I never had any clue this was seized. What would the symptoms of a siezed BB …be?

Also they had to tighten and reset the rear cones as they were loose.

What are the rear cones?

I'm happy with the service I recieved and the bill was reasonable too. Im just curious about the symptoms of a siezed BB and I aint got a clue what these cones are.

dano
    Free Member

rear cones are the hub bearing race… they are tensioned by little nuts on the hubs and need to be kept at the right tension, you can check this by trying to move the wheel from side to side, there should be no or little play.
    bb cups would have been hard to turn

sv

Cup and cone bearings probably on your rear hub, Shimano hubs are cup n cone type.

Kevevs
    Free Member

sounds expensive 🙁
    bike going ok now? you can sort most stuff out with a feikes now and happy to help!w tools and parktools website http://www.parktool.com/repair/

som things better to take LBStho.

it's good to learn.

Johnboy373
    Free Member

Thanks guys.

Dano- When you say hard to turn do you mean hard to pedal?

Johnboy373
    Free Member

Kevevs- Only got it back tonight so I've not tried it yet. It is good to learn, but I had no idea I had 'cones' on my bike lol or that my bb was seized

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Got my bike sorted today.’ is closed to new replies.