Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Got a Garmin 800, getting a 1000 – OS and OSM mapping question
  • singletracksurfer

Thought I’d transfer the (full UK 1:50,000) OS mapping over onto the 1000, but I’d quite like the OSM (Open Street Mapping) too – will the 1000 handle both at the same time, or should I keep the 800 and put the OSM on this?

Thanks

dlr

Yes it can handle both, the OSM maps (or whatever the ones are which come with the 1000) are on the internal memory. I also had an 800, put the OSM maps on it’s internal memory to sell it and used the SD card with the OS maps in the 1000.

You just go into settings, activity profile, select one, navigation, maps….then you can enable or disable which ever ones you want. If you enable OSM and OS then OS takes priority.

I find the OS quite slow zooming in and out probably due to the SD card. Quick test just now and OSM was a fair bit quicker but obviously less detail. I’m going to make up another activity profile using OSM for my road rides when I don’t need the full OS info

Flaperon

It’ll handle both without any trouble, you might have to faff with profiles though.

singletracksurfer

Great, that’s brilliant news, thanks very much for that info, just what I wanted to hear.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Got a Garmin 800, getting a 1000 – OS and OSM mapping question’ is closed to new replies.