Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Gore Sealed Ride On gear cables – not enough outer, or am I being dim?
  • Dangerboy
    Free Member

Bought a new set of sealed Ride-On gear cables but there's nowhere near enough outer to do a full run to from both shifters to their respective mechs.

I can't be the first person to have this problem, what have others done and why don't you get enough outer in the first place?

Grr.

bassspine
    Free Member

nope, they are stingy with the outer.

giantjason
    Free Member

did you buy the extra long cable set?

They have two sets with one being for full length outers on full sus bikes.

grahamt1980

Dim i'm afraid they supply enough in the normal kit assuming you have cable stops and don't run full outer

Dangerboy
    Free Member

Ah, didn't know there was more than one variant, other than the sealed/normal types. It's for a hardtail, but still a good foot or two short!

hug
    Free Member

I had the same problem,so I went back to the shop & they gave me an extra length..Bless 'em

dickydutch

The inner cable is sealed in the exposed sections by a mini 'sheath' which runs the entire length of the cable itself. The outer is not intended to run full length as far as I am aware?

AndyPaice
    Free Member

IIRC the standard kit is designed to be split outer. I run most of the outer as a full length rear and just use normal outer for the front mech. Front only has 2 or 3 steps so normal outer works just fine, can't see the point in using a fancy sealed kit for the front mech but it makes a real difference for the rear mech

Dangerboy
    Free Member

Thanks all, that helps!
    Andy – think that's what I'll end up doing too, as I did the rear first.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Gore Sealed Ride On gear cables – not enough outer, or am I being dim?’ is closed to new replies.