Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Gopro, Silver or Black sir?
  • mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Looking at these cameras but I can’t decide if the silver is going to come up short and leave me wishing I’d splashed even more considerable cash to get the black one.
    The SJ4000 issue of fakes has me worried, Amazon is almost as bad as ebay for getting your money back so lets not bother there.
    Who’s got one and wished they’d got the other? Before I empty my wallet and regret it.

fathomer

I’ve got the cheapo GoPro, now I’ve used it a bit, it might be nice to have a Black but not at the price. But I’m pretty impressed with the quality for the £87 it cost.

Here’s my videos on Vimeo in case your interested at looking at the image (might save you some money). The riding’s pretty shit and the editing leaves a lot to be desired.

chrisgibson
    Free Member

Pretty much what is said above. I love mine and don’t think the extra features would add anything.

Videos are here if you want to have a butchers.

russianbob
    Free Member

Got a 3+ Silver here a few weeks ago for £200. Quality is brilliant at 960p, not really used many of the other features. Wifi and App is great for not having to fanny about with the camera once you’ve installed it somewhere. And you can review your footage without needing to access a PC. Not sure that the black would offer me much more. 1080p is too high a quality for my Macs (i3 with 8Gb) to handle I think, keep getting jumps in the footage, so 4K would be effectively pointless.

I’ve also heard that the screens on the 4s drain the battery quicker than the 3s without the screen.

danposs86

I have a GoPro 4 Silver. Only used it so far for a weekend at BPW.

The screen can be turned off, so battery wont be an issue if you don’t need to use it, but it is very handy to switch on to check your shot framing or to watch that bit of footage that you just filmed.

The spec is great, I am only going to put my videos on YouTube, not on any kind of imax screen so I didn’t need the massive spec of the Black (and honestly I think that vast majority of people won’t ever either).

End of the day, look at what you can afford, but also remember what you are actually going to use the footage for. Finally, do you have the space, I used around 35gb from my weekend at BPW, that was at 1080 and standard frame rate. Increase that and you will be filling up your hard drive pretty quickly.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I have a 4 black and its very good. The main selling point for me was the high slow motion frame rates especially at 1080p. I bought the LCD battery pack which I think is a must for impromptu shooting and handheld shooting but the iPhone app is excellent for setting up helmet, bar mounted shots and starting filming when you are not near the camera.
    One thing worth noting is that even 1080p clips are big and resource hungry when editing. I bought a 5k imac that copes fine with 1080p but slows down a bit on 4k editing.
    Battery life is pretty terrible but i bought a wall charger and 2 spare battery’s which again is a must.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I was thinking about the black for 4k or the more useful 2.7k for image stab. in post. Not bothered about the screen on the back as if you’ve got the app you won’t need it. 120 fps in 1080 mode is very handy.
    I’ve got a Go pro 960 from years ago which has been stuck and filmed load of stuff but is a bit low resolution now.

unsponsored
    Free Member
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Gopro, Silver or Black sir?’ is closed to new replies.