Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Goodridge Gear Cables
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

I need a new gear cable outer and the Goodridge look like the ones to get but I don't want to buy the whole kit so I'm looking at just the outer.

However I cant find anywhere that sells the ferrules apart from crc and they are out of stock. I have read that the Goodridge outers are wider than standard Shimano ones so I cant use Shimano ferrules. Would normal brake ferrules work or are there any other types that work with the Goodridge outers.

Thanks.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Nobody?

druidh
    Free Member

I've just been in the garage to check. The Goodridge outer will NOT fit into a Shimano ferrule. Seems to fit Clark ones OK though.

mamadirt
    Free Member

I have read that the Goodridge outers are wider than standard Shimano ones so I cant use Shimano ferrules.

Just a thought, but would brake ferrules fit? I've used coloured BMX linear brake outer as gear outer in the past – works fine but is thicker and takes 5mm Middleburn oilers as opposed to 4mm usually used on gear outer.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Thanks. I've just bit the bullet and brought the whole pack. The extra bits might come in use at some point so hopefully soon I will have a nice swanky white gear cable on my bike.

Those bloody Jagwire ones that came as standard on the Pitch are rubbish one small(ish) crash destroying the rear shifter (god knows how I got the shifter when the brake leaver is fine) and the outer is buggered too! Didn't realise until I came to replace the shifter today and saw the outer was stuffed. Missed out on a ride because of that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Goodridge Gear Cables’ is closed to new replies.