Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • Good year, bad year, meh year?
  • glupton1976
    Free Member

Mine has had a couple of seriously crap events in it where folk close to me have died, but my kids are making me proud at school and nursery, my career is looking good for the forseeable future and i’m healthier than i’ve been in a long time. So not too bad apart from a couple of downers.

What about you?

wooobob

New house, old job, great kids and missus. 2013 will hopefully be less interesting, but more relaxing and fun. And maybe more money. Although probably not. Actually, next year will almost certainly be worse 🙂

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

A mixed bag tbh, but overall pretty good I’d say.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bloody brilliant, thanks! Simply brilliant! 🙂

skiboy
    Free Member

clunker

Family great, work has been very stressful – many sleepless nights worrying 😳

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Very very good for me (and my family) thanks 🙂

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’ve got on the property ladder, me and my missus have both had new (to us) cars and we celebrated 1 year of marriage. Work is crazy busy, but it means that I have a crap work life balance and no riding time. I’ve also been ill for much of the past few months. Need to get my arse in gear in the New Year and ride more.

Nobby

Mine has had a couple of seriously crap events in it where folk close to me have died, but my kids are making me proud at school and nursery, my career is looking good for the forseeable future and i’m healthier than i’ve been in a long time. So not too bad apart from a couple of downers.

Are you actually me? Sounds exactly like my year.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Pretty good year – but hoping next year will be calmer and easier to enjoy!

rOcKeTdOg

absolutely awful Jan due to issues beyond my control at work and still effect me everyday i go there, but it’s made ne value the good things in life and i’ve managed to go from a BMI of “obese” to “healthy” in the last 20 weeks so hoping for a much better 2013 with more positive changes

cynic-al
    Free Member

Meh here…although I think I may be working out how to turn things around.

souldrummer
    Free Member

This year has been pretty awful tbh. Mum and sister have been in hospital, and mother continues to get worse as the years go on. I have been ill (albeit with loads of annoying minor stuff) more times than I can remember. Work has been truly awful and looks like it is going to get worse. Little to look forward to, and at times little reason to get up in the morning and keep going. I am hoping things will improve next year but I have no real reason to think they will.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Nice one RocketDog – how did you make that much change in 20 weeks? Trying to do the same myself, but the weight is staying stubbornly where it was (although fat/muscle ratio is improving!)

rOcKeTdOg

sadly no miracles it’s the old equation of move more eat less, with help from http://www.myfitnesspal.com which has been a great motivation tool

brakes
    Free Member

sold flat
    bought flat
    got promoted
    had a kid
    got a 20% payrise

pretty. damn. good. 😀

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I am just hoping that the muscle gain will end soon and the flubber will start to depart! Need to get out on the bike more though – the last few weeks have been challenging on the motivation front!

rOcKeTdOg

it’s not easy this time of year, i’ve had to resort to running 😯

tang
    Free Member

Tough year.

deluded
    Free Member

Wife’s expecting

Promotion at work

Tempered by the sudden and unexpected death of one of my best mates at 39 years of age.

Kryton57

bought house
    Didnt get promoted
    had another kid
    got a 5% payrise but a 10% reduction in OTE
    The few mtb’ing rides I’ve done have been excellent with great people. Unfortunately not enough of them.

So great in some respects, average in all others, so meh +

Northwind

Up and down. New job in April, massive payrise, yay! By August, new job turns out to be a gigantic crock of ****, boss is a nutter, signed off with stress, boo.

So that’s been all the way up and all the way down. But in other ways it’s been mostly excellent. And, well, I’ve been drawing that massive payrise for 5 months now while riding my bike all the time so it’s not all bad.

fasthaggis

Good year overall, thanks for asking. What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger and all that 🙂

transapp
    Free Member

Crappy year, but things are really on the up. Only positive thoughts for the future.

weare138
    Free Member

Awful… Wife had really bad anxiety problems at the start of the year, poorly father in law, new neighbours moved in and we ended up getting a harrasment warning onto them after months of shit, poorly father in law passed away last week…
    On the plus points my dad had the all clear for his cancer. I have a fantastic wife and two great kids!

eugeo81
    Free Member

Not too bad, my business is getting busier which means its a struggle to get out on two wheels, something I aim to get the balance right in 2013.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Bought my own house
    Had some fantastic holidays
    Met a chap 🙂
    Rode the Wild Wales Challenge (best, and hardest, ride I’ve ever done)
    Shared some great times with friends
    Laughed lots

Despite the occasional work issues, and a few too many bugs, life has been good – looking forward to whatever 2013 will bring!

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I’d give this year a meh.Been on the mtb less than planned, mainly due to the weather.I did more road cycling though,and consequently did more miles cycling this year than ever.Darkest cloud of the year was the big c taking away my best mate from my twenties(he died last week aged 49).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Quit work packed up everything
    Emigrated to oz
    Took long break from work got much fitter
    Work part time all going well
    Broke thumb on Sunday

Very up and down year

john_drummer
    Free Member

not bad. interesting trips to the emerald Isle with work (6x since mid March). not touched a bike all year – weather too crap, taking too long to get home from work, rock’n’roll band taking up a fair bit of free time.

looking forward to 2013.

weeksy

Great year.

New push bikes, new motorbikes, new cars’ lost weight, improved fitness, my lad started school and doing great. Rode Morzine/ppds

slowmart
    Free Member

Lost two family members. Suffered first ever seizure

Which means life tastes so much sweeter and I appreciate everything more. Watching my daughter grow into a young lady will be a continuing theme.

Pigface
    Free Member

Pretty dire to be honest but you got to keep on going, you never know what is just around the corner.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Left my corporate job in January to go it alone. Not looked back.

mogrim

Not sure, boring but secure(ish) and close to home job is not bad given how things are here in Spain, dog and cat both died, but got two new cats…

Meh, I suppose. But could be a LOT worse.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Every year is a good un. It’s what you make of it, shit things happen and folk leave us, but life goes on. I’m a mega optimist, in case, you couldn’t tell!.

Duane…
    Free Member

As others, many ups and downs.

Ups
    – some brilliant times with the girlfriend, including weekend trip to Golspie/Laggan
    – 3 week trip to Malysia/Thailand with above gf
    – Got 6 month internship secured at Rolls Royce (starting next January)
    – Completed Relentless 24 solo (first ever mountain bike race)
    – In various bike magazines/calendar/websites

Downs
    – broke up with above gf couple months back
    – had shoulder surgery just before summer (although I guess it’s good that it’s “fixed”
    – didn’t do very well in uni exams (from how I felt they they went anyway…)

Tom-B
    Free Member

Christ my year has been rosey compared to lots of the posts on here. Here’s wishing a better 2013 to all those who have had a tough 2012.

stumpyjon

Started poorly, new job that didn’t live up to expectations, went downhill to May when I was sacked! Had a couple of interviews, went to Disney, Orlando (been planned for a year), got a phone at 4am to say I’d got the job, big payrise. Been tough to start again for the second time in six months but this time it’s got better rather than worse and instead of sacking me it’s looking pretty certain I’ll get a permenant contract. Youngest started school in Sept and has settled in way better than we’d hoped. So a year of 2 halfs. Just need a little less excitement in 2013 to get the weight back off and the fitness back.

dribbling
    Free Member

1st full year of being engaged.

Cat/kitten got ill, still ill. Op on 27th. (He was the engagement present!)

Realised missus is mental, but a wholly beautiful woman.

Am £12k further towards house deposit than I was/ we were previously (she cannot save).

Bought my dream bike.

My Dad had another year of glaucoma and still remaining chipper.

I have health, missus has health.

Realised this year there is no such word as “fair”.

Keep striving for a family in 2013.

STW is an example of life; full of ego nonsense but equally full of compassionate support.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Good year, bad year, meh year?’ is closed to new replies.