Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Good service in Morzine / Les Gets
  • dms01

Arrived in Les Carroz and rebuilt the Bronson, but found the head set had a bit of play….. Really not a good start….

But Google, and an email to FB Freeride in Morzine that evening (http://www.fbfreeride.com/index.php?lang=en), and it was sorted by lunchtime. Excellent service….. They checked out the issue, and fixed it while I had a wander round. Good value too!
    Whole heartedly recommend, professional, helpful, and as much better English than my French! They’re at the bottom of the Pleny chair lift.

Robz
    Free Member

So they tightened your headset for you?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Thanks for letting us know. Always good to have a recommendation. Enjoy the rest of your trip

v666ern
    Free Member

Mate hired his V10C from there, the gear cable snapped so they fixed it over night and also, coincidently, tightened the loose headset too…maybe they have a thing for headsets

Took mine to Alpen – and they had me back up and running in no time…also let me borrow an allen key to undo my pedals when disassembling.

larkim
    Free Member

With 7 bikes of various descriptions coming with us in two weeks time to the Alps, I definitely value having the name of a service that might be able to help out when we’re in Les Gets.

Thanks for posting!

dms01

The head doctor / star screw aluminium adjustment screw had snapped, so they needed to remove this (scary hammer!), then replaced the component, and the spacers with new hope components. Took about 45 minutes…

larkim
    Free Member

[Dup posting deleted]

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

they are all pretty good around there. Three weeks ago a mate cracked his AM LB carbon rim totally in half on the Swiss national. He had to hike a bike back tot he top of the course and then down various lifts back to Morzine but once he arrived they rebuilt his wheel the same afternoon and he was back out riding Pleney black at 4pm

JEngledow
    Free Member

About 5 years ago I managed to crash at the bottom of the Pleney and stripped the thread for the rear mech off my old SC Bullett (no replaceable gear hanger), they thankfully drilled the frame and inserted a threaded sleeve to hold the mech (really tidy job), I left the bike with them overnight and I only missed out on 1 or 2runs 🙂

fingerbang
    Free Member

in the interests of balance, I can recommend Torico bikes for rescuing my forks a couple of years ago – after the French bike shop near the supermorzine lift had failed. Specifically Northern, expert mechanic

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Good service in Morzine / Les Gets’ is closed to new replies.