Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Going from Audi A6 to Nissan QASHQAI….
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Whilst I love the Audi A6 estate drive etc ( 2007 petroleum turbocharged) I quite fancy something a little higher.
    Nissan Q seems to fit the bill would be. 2010 petroleum cvt

Anyone done this swop ?

Thoughts ?

br
    Free Member

Based on a pals Qashqai, it’ll have less space inside than your Audi. His felt very cramped, but then I’m 6’2″ and he’s about 5’2″ so probably didn’t notice

scaredypants

you can run cars on petroleum ?
    cuts out the middle man, I suppose – as long as you have a source

bikebouy
    Free Member

For my sins I have demo’d a Quash, a 1.5ltr diesel top of the range black something or other, the new shape not the older one you seem to be looking at.

Firstly, it’s a nice place to sit, the ergonomics and seating are really nice. It’s high enough driving position to see over most cars, but not all. So what you end up with is seeing a lot of rooflines and roof racks.
    Inside sizewise it’s nice enough, I’d say not much bigger than a normal family hatchback the size of a focus or similar. The boots a bit short, wide but not deep but way more than enough for shopping and crap like that. The rear seats fold flat and if you squeeze a little a bike with wheels will go in it, my CXer did with the front wheel at right angles to the frame.
    Driving, nice enough, spritely, feels light to drive, quiet very quiet actually.
    I’d say, some will hate me for this, that the quality of the cabin is on par with my Volvo XC60, maybe not in density but the fit and finish and quality is really very good.

I’m not buying one, though.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Have a 1.5 quashqai for 12 months, good to drive handles well it’s quiet and does 60 to the gallon. It’s a better motorway mile muncher than it should be, cheap to run and service.

Had BMW and Audi in the past and he quashqai is exceptional value for money

Del

drove a hire one 5 hours cross country. it was ok. comfy enough and that position is ok ( i normally drive a van ), the reversing camera was useful and intuitive to use. seemed like they’d managed to fill the available space without making much use of it.
    i got my cxer in my old GF’s mk1 clio, so don’t think this is much of an indicator on rear space TBH.
    i wouldn’t buy one though it was decent enough for the job i wanted it for but at the end of the day i dislike these ‘soft roaders’. better visibility for sure but nothing you can’t get by hanging back a little/moving over, and compromised ability to steer and brake due to higher CofG.
    it’s a choice that plenty of folk seem at least adequately happy with though i guess.

martymac

I have a renault scenic, which is built on the same platform, its ok.
    A nice place to sit, very comfortable seats, very quiet, does 50mpg average (my commute is very hilly, it will do 60mpg on a flatter run)
    Cx bike goes in with wheels on, upright with 1 seat folded.
    Drives well, tbh much better than I expected.
    1.5 dci 106bhp, a little underpowered imo.
    It’s easily the most expensive car to run that ive ever owned, only done 77k miles and needs a new clutch, hence im saving up to get another subaru, a lot cheaper to run in my experience.
    Perhaps the nissan version will be better, perhaps not, they share many common parts.

DM52
    Free Member

interior plastics on the newer ones seem to scratch up very easily, the accelerator pedal on the 1.5dci only seems to provide extra noise after half travel with no appreciable urgency from the engine and I think there is more space to be had in the boot of a 5 series saloon than there is in a Qashqai.

They do seem to be very economical, the newer ones get fancy electronics like 360 degree camera system and loads of safety driving aids, I think if you after just a car with no character then they are a pretty good choice, they can be a bit boring otherwise.

johndoh
    Free Member

I am doing similar this autumn – 3.0l V6 diesel A6 to Qashquai – I am going for the +2 version so I hopefully I won’t suffer the issues going to a smaller vehicle.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Going from Audi A6 to Nissan QASHQAI….’ is closed to new replies.