• This topic has 17 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by ton.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Going back to your roots……….after benefiting from ton wasting his money? –
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

any of you lot gone back to your roots bike wise, after years of searching for the ultimate bike out of ton’s cast-offs?

sat at home earlier thinking about the bikes i have had over the years from ton
    i have tried everything to very little cost to me but at some considerable cost to ton…………for what?
    i am still a shit rider, who has most fun just riding good old normal cross country type rides on normal trails/lanes/byway’s/bridleways.

i’ve been a total **** idiot buying bikes i thought would make me a better ride……..hard core h/tails, but i dont have the balls to do a 4ft drop
    lightweight xc hardtails, with the promise to myself to get fit……yeah right
    all the ‘niche’ stuff, ss stuff, fixie stuff, cos i wanna be fashionable
    29rs cos i thought with being big these bike would suit me and my build more, kidding myself that they rode better………..what a lot of old balls that idea is.
    all of these bikes/idea’s have gone by the wayside along with not very much of my cash, but a shed load of ton’s, that he could have done something more fun /use with.

thinking back to the normal steel bike i 1st bought that got me into this made me smile.
    thinking of the fun i had on it without thinking if my travel was right, or if my brakes needed bleeding…………….just good old fashioned fun riding a bike rather than planning my next and scouring magazine/websites to see what the next big thing is………….

well ton is sick to **** with it all, sick of the bikes and wasting his cash.

😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Well I thought it was funny 😐

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I’ve stopped reading bike magazines as I’m sick of being told I need this, and that’ll make me better. My bike does the job and the only thing that’ll make me better is hard work, regular riding and good eating.

bigjim

what is ton? I don’t understand. Are you drunk?

cynic-al
    Free Member

New around here?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Class

bigjim

Dunno, about a year? But i saw the other thread now.

Woody
    Free Member

That’s a mirror of what I have done (and am still doing 😳 ) although I’ve never bough a frame from Ton.

And it’s not funny Al – it’s a sad sad affliction.

It needs a club ABBA (analbikebuyersanonymous)……hi, I’m woody and I haven’t bought a bike part today………………

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks DTF & Woddy :salute:

rustler
    Free Member

what is ton?

🙂
    There’s a scene in Father Ted, where Dougal is describing the “Beast of Craggy Island”…

Never met Ton, he reads like a top bloke though.

cookeaa

Budget can help, having free reign to spend what you like on bikes means you will buy anything you fancy…

Having had an “Agreement” with my Missus on spending limits for both of us, means I can only sensibly buy kit I’m going to use, so the Mag waffle and adverts go out the window and you are forced to buy only the bikes/kit you need for the riding you do… Well sort of you eventually start stretching the budget, and fancying another “Bargain” you’ve spotted somewhere…

Cookeaa – owner of 3 MTBs, 1 Road Bike and One BMX – Prospective “ABBA” Member…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It would have been funny if Ton wasn’t hurting about being too ill and depressed to enjoy riding. And I thought I was weak at social skills 🙄

Please pull this stupid, insensitive thread Mods.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Oooh I had no idea he was depressed, my apologies.

Hairychested
    Free Member

If ton wasn’t such a mountain of a man I’d offer him a hug. Get better mate, people miss you here (not your bikes as I’m pea-sized comparing to yourself), just your Bomber-the-thief attitude.
    @ cynic-al, you’re too tall, were you a shortarse his bikes would’ve been of no use so you wouldn’t feel guilty.
    @ bigjim, ton is one of the elite here (elite as in being a character) consisting of, amongst others: Elf, TJ, cynic-al, Hora, binners, molgrips, auntie C_G and, badly missed, awesome Surf-Mat. Search for his wrestling video and be prepared to be amazed.

Andy

cynic-al – Member
    Oooh I had no idea he was depressed, my apologies

That is staggering given how open Ton has been about recent events and how prolific your posts are. Or perhaps just a reflection of the self obsessiveness and complete lack of ability to understand the impact of their actions on others of some folk here.

i have tried everything to very little cost to me but at some considerable cost to ton

Very, very poor taste

cynic-al
    Free Member

Andy, I don’t read half the threads on here, and I haven’t read ton’s on this topic. And I like having a laugh (as does ton) which seems to cause issues for the many self righteous.

I have however read many threads where the mick is taken re his purchasing by many including himself.

So go **** yourself.

ton, if you are reading this, no offence meant, and I hope you knew that anyway.

hora
    Free Member

Hi, is ton ok? Just seen this thread.

On a different note, I’ve met ton briefly. I class myself to be a good judge of character (unless its a builder or Gas engineer which shocked me abit)..anyway, I clocked ton as someone who I would drink with.

ton

mark…………yes he is mate. 😀

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Going back to your roots……….after benefiting from ton wasting his money? –’ is closed to new replies.