Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Gilet recommendations
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Had a gore one that I lost which I loved and using a lightweight montane one but that flaps about a bit. After something with a decent cut, lightish and folds up pretty small, doesn’t need to be waterproof. Ta

Mackem

My DHB one from wiggle is pretty good.

Jerome
    Free Member

Buy another gore one ??
    I have a knackered planet x one,and an endura one.
    Will get something brighter next time.

billyboulders
    Free Member

Keep an eye out for when lidl do their next cycling clothes promotion. They usually have a gilet at less than a tenner and they are a fantastic bit of kit, can’t recommend them highly enough.

fontmoss
    Free Member

Yeah but don’t know which model it was (bought about 7 years ago) and although I’ll try another I was just wondering if anyone had other recommendations eg lidl, castelli.

Bright would be good, like the pink rapha job but tried one on and felt pretty cheap imho. And damned expensive!

johnny63

Just recently got some Castelli ones & I think they’re a great fit – I would be a size Small and had Gore ones before but found their small a bit loose whereas the small castelli is spot on – bit more expensive but quality is great so I’d expect them to last

fontmoss
    Free Member

Which model? Leggero is relatively cheap on wiggle

BadlyWiredDog

Haglofs do/used to do an ace, Windstopper-fronted one with stretch so it had a brilliant close fit. Latest version seems to be the Shield Vest though annoyingly only in black for some reason.

Or maybe this in gopping blue. Great kit, but a colour fail… 🙂

Northwind

Altura React is good, but a bit roady- big mesh back. Main panels are made of their React fabric, so a bit more substance and a lot more waterproof than most, but still folds up small. Doesn’t flap around, as a result, it sits like a jacket not a binbag.

Wish i could get something the same size and construction but fully enclosed.

will
    Free Member

DHB Windslam is very good, good close fit, and a high neck for those chilly mornings!

johnny63

Fontmoss,

Got the Fawesome for 3 season stuff – brillioant for cooler days / evenings but possibly just a tad too much for warmer summer runs; and an Isterico for colder days – heavier and much warmer – has 3 pockets on the rear & a napoleon front one so works great using base and/or mid layer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Gilet recommendations’ is closed to new replies.