Viewing 40 posts - 1,761 through 1,800 (of 5,997 total)
  • gifs you could watch all day
  • DavidB
    Free Member

samuri
    Free Member

is the bunny hopping CXer the same fella or is this a fairly common skill?

Most people here can do that.

fasthaggis

is the bunny hopping CXer the same fella or is this a fairly common skill?

Most people here think they can do that.

🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Bimbler
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

Bimbler
    Free Member

onandon
    Free Member

Speeder

that ski jump thing Bimbler just posted – what view is that? I think I know what they’ve done ie corrected the image taken from a static headcam relative to the terrain but I’m not totally sure.

Good editing skills needed I’d imagine.

Jamie
    Free Member

that ski jump thing Bimbler just posted – what view is that? I think I know what they’ve done ie corrected the image taken from a static headcam relative to the terrain but I’m not totally sure.

The original:

How the guy, from Reddit’s /r/ImageStabilization did it:

I used Hugin, which is based on PanoTools. Basically, I treat each frame of video as a different shot of a panorama. It’s way more tedious than using an automatic stabilizer, but you have enormous control over the final output.

Haha, thanks.
    When everything works well, I just have to load in all the images, run one of the automatic control point detectors (this matches points on one image to another image), and then run the optimizer to solve for the camera angles and/or camera motion. I export remapped images which correct for the camera angles/motion, and make a GIF from those.
    For something like this, I have to first manually identify where the horizontal lines are on one of the images and solve for the lens length (that’s the only way to correct for the fisheye lens this was filmed with).
    The automatic control point detectors didn’t work because I only wanted to match very distant points like the mountains (I usually use either CPFind on short videos, as it tries to match each image to every other image, and AlignImageStack on long videos, which only matches each image to the image directly before and after it), so I did them by hand.
    Then I solved only for “positions”, which is a misnomer since it solves for the camera orientation. Sometimes I also solve for translation when I also want to correct for camera movement, but I let the camera keep moving forward here. If there is zooming in and out, you can solve for that too. I got lucky here and didn’t have to worry about that.
    Overall, it was a dumb idea even do this one, since it meant manually doing control point identification for 163 frames, but at least it’s had a good response. Most of them are much much easier.

shermer75
    Free Member

In light of all the topical debate happening around the Winter Olympics

Bimbler
    Free Member

DezB
    Free Member

Winter Olympics

Surely:

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

onandon
    Free Member

Lizard fart 🙂

Travis

samuri
    Free Member

Where’s Bob?
    Dunno, he was here a minute ago.

Jamie
    Free Member

Whoops…

onandon
    Free Member

matt_outandabout

Oi, I used to work with the owner of one of those bottoms.
    She will kick your head in…no really, she is hard as nails.

nbt

nbt

fasthaggis

Speeder

Jamie

Thanks for posting that – makes it sound both much easier and yet harder/more tedious than I thought. Very clever and that composite edit at the end is great.

DezB
    Free Member

She will kick your head in…no really, she is hard as nails.

But she has such a pretty smile

bigyinn
    Free Member

Beaming from cheek to cheek!

nbt

rwc03
    Free Member

onandon
    Free Member

maccruiskeen

Jamie
    Free Member

fasthaggis

Jamie
    Free Member

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I hope this thread never dies….

Jamie
    Free Member

Seems apt…

Jamie
    Free Member

matthew_h
    Free Member

I still think that that era Impreza is definitely one of the best looking rally cars ever. Perfect proportions.

zokes
    Free Member

Jamie wins, again

Wozza
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

[img]http://i.imgur.com/nSBYnig.gif[/img]

Viewing 40 posts - 1,761 through 1,800 (of 5,997 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.