Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Giant Trance X to replace Commencal Super 4?
  • el_bandido
    Free Member

Been riding an 09 Super 4 for the last 2 and a bit years. I’ve liked how it handles and how fast it rides for a “short travel bike”. What I don’t like is that it’s flexy, difficult to clean and that this is actually my second frame after the first one snapped. And this one has needed the bolts tightening up more than I would expect. Basically it’s flaky.

I intend to dismantle it and build up something new so have picked up some 120mm rebas. It was going to be a hardtail (for durability reasons), but thought I’d have a look of the full suss 120mm frames that are available. Trance X caught my eye. Any trance owners on here? How do they ride? Are they reasonably durable etc.

Any other 120mm full sus frame recommendations? Obviously the Yeti one looks incredible, but can’t really stretch to that.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Trance X1 here – absolutely loving it. I’ve only had it since December, so cant comment on durability, but going on previous Giant experiences, should be pretty bulletproof. Whippety fast too, for a 5 inch bike.

brakeswithface

I love my trance, but easy to clean it is not!

robhughes
    Free Member

Get one.built a trance X1 full xt with 454 U-turn air pikes.
    It,s a dream to ride and great fun.light but still ok on the rough stuff.

retro83
    Free Member

just built up a Trance X with 20mm Revs. Great frame IMHO, rides very nicely.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Bugger to clean – more links. Rides good though.

el_bandido
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Giant Trance X to replace Commencal Super 4?’ is closed to new replies.