Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Giant anthem 6ft rider med or lrge
  • vondally
    Free Member

Sorry but what size for a 5ft 11/6 ft rider…..large or med

Bikes ridden or owned
    Large blur lt
    Large maverick ml 7 and 8

Med yeti asr7
    Med yeti asr7 slightly (too low at the front and bit short)

17.5 prince albert

Large turner flux,rfx,five spot
    Intense tracer med too small

There is no way to try one for size…..so advice needed

Thanks

rOcKeTdOg

U mean the 29er version?

vondally
    Free Member

Sorry 26er

Rode a19.5 29er scandal for last few weeks to help with sizing

timc
    Free Member

large is my guess

tthew

Large. 5’10” here, and I feel like I’m at the taller end of the medium.

Unless you want it to be ‘chuckable’ in which case small. 🙄 (ace bike by the way, I love mine)

jono84
    Free Member

I’m 5 11 an have a medium anthem 26″(2011) my seatpost has 10mm left to max…. for me it’s perfect if I was a inch taller tho I’d want a large !

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I demo’d a medium and that felt perfect, but did have a 110mm stem, a large with a 90 would have the same reach so depends on your preferences, I like my XC bikes to be XC bikes so I’d have gone with the longer stem.

theotherjonv

Same height as you and I think a large is spot on. have gone 20mm shorter on the stem as well so maybe TINAS is right that a medium with a longer stem might work, but I wanted mine as a general trail bike rather than out and out XC machine.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

The large is the right size for you. Med will simply be cramped and hold you back. I’m 6ft and have had both sizes of anthem. Large enables me to do all the technical xc riding I fancy

transapp
    Free Member

I’m 6′ . 34 inch leg but short back. I ride a large with a fair bit of seatpost out and a 70mm stem. Fits lovely.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Hi,
    I am 6″ 2″ and ride a large Anthem x 29.I am towards the upper end of a large and this is with a 100mm stem.Funny I have had a large 5 spot and currently also have XL Flux.I would say large.
    Thanx max

GregMay
    Free Member

Large here, 6 foot up, 34 legs,silly long arms though.

enigmas
    Free Member

I’m 6ft and ride a large with a 90mm stem, spot on for me.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I’m 6’2 and have a large, it’s too small. Large for you.

andrewni
    Free Member

I’m 5’11” and ride a large. For general riding, Xc, trail etc large fits perfectly

For jumps etc I’d prefer a medium but that’s not really what it’s for and that’s why Santas getting me a dh bike 🙂

Wally

5’11” and a medium, this does not help.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’m 5’10” and am as big as you can reasonably get away with on a medium. As you can see, I’ve got a 100mm stem and the seat is pretty high on mine. Any taller and you’ll need a large.

mikehow
    Free Member

Take a look at the giant site for the sizing chart.

I think 6ft with an inside leg greater than 32″ would put you on a large.

I’m 5ft 11 with a 32 inside leg and ride a medium with pretty much all the seat post showing.

The Anthems are wicked bikes, I just wish they would do a med/large like they seem to on their road bikes.

ransos
    Free Member

I’m 5’9″ and the med fits me like a glove. So go for a large!

vondally
    Free Member

Cheers large on order

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I`m a smidge under 6 ft and ride a large.I still have an XTC which shares similar geometry and is a medium, and having ridden both back to back the medium feels wrong now.

Swapped the 110mm stem for a 90mm stem and put wider Easton EC70 carbon risers and it feels great.I`ve also gradually been lowering the bars by removing spacers.

stratman
    Free Member

Bit late now, but I’m just under 5’10 and the medium is great, so I’d also say large.

I love mine too

lankyandy
    Free Member

Hi dud u get anthem sorted.I have large x1 if any interest?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Giant anthem 6ft rider med or lrge’ is closed to new replies.