Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • giant anthem 29er upgrade questons!!
  • trigger737
    Free Member

Hello all. Ive got a question that needs a proper answer and thought id ask it here.
    Someone i know has a standard giant anthem 26er bike and is looking for a second hand rear triangle off a 29er to fit on to turn it into a proper 29er. Hes already sourced the fork and can get wheels built easy as. The problem with it is i dont think it will work, has anyone done it before?
    I recon with the diference in head angles and seat angles etc will make the steering ‘wrong’. i just wondered if anyone can do the maths with the angles etc to tell me if this mess up the handling like i think it will.
    Help me try and persuade him not to do this!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Don’t dissuade him…..just make sure you get photos!!

cp

How on earth does he think changing the rear of the bike will make it a proper 29er? Does the front half not matter? Geometry will be a mess

splashdown
    Free Member

😯 what could possibly go wrong?!! 😉

ianfitz
    Free Member

I like the “Someone i know” part…

granny_ring

That’s what I was thinking 🙂

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

The Geo is totally different from 26-29. most bizarre plan I’ve heard in a long time!

trigger737
    Free Member

Its honestly not me. he races the gorricks so you may see him there at the nextone riding a proper frankensteins monster bike! hes already done a 650 upgrade to a 26er steel hardtail with out changing the fork and its well messed up to ride. Steering angle is slightly off but enough to make it feel really odd!

rOcKeTdOg

full compression on the rear 29er bit will be interesting when it potentially hits the 26″ front bit

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘giant anthem 29er upgrade questons!!’ is closed to new replies.