Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Getting tyres to seat properly
  • Kahurangi

I have a few tubeless ready tyres I use on normal rims. I can hardly ever get them to seat properly – evely all the way round. When you spin the wheels the tyres appear to wobble around.

I think I may have got it done a while ago by using soapy water around the bead, but I’m concerned that it may squirm a bit when it gets wet again.

What do you do to get the tyre to seat evenly?

stratobiker
    Free Member

Blow them up ’til they pop/seat (80 psi ish) then let them down to the required pressure.

SB

Pricey8
    Free Member

watch you for that mind you can blow up tyres that way.I suggest pumping really fast and using plenty of soapy water if it still does not seat let the preassure right down to about 15psi and try pulling the tyre sideways to pull the beat up to seat.

DaveBro
    Free Member

as sratobiker – upto 80ish and if not seated i just leave them, rarely takes more than a minute to ‘pop’, this works for tubless tyres, tubeless ready rims etc – now if you know how to get wire bead tyres onto tubless ready rims you would save me some stress!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Some rims (i.e. Stans) are not rated to that high a PSI. Have you tried lubricating both the beads and the bead hooks on the rims?

If you’re using rims strips and they aren’t adequately aligned, this can also cause problems, effectively blocking the bead from making the interlock.

Kahurangi

If putting a bit of something to lube it doesn’t cause you any bother then it’ll be worth a try in conjunction with a bit of high pressure.

cheers

Mrtrotter
    Free Member

Usually get my awkward tyres to seat ok at about 60psi. They make a popping noise when seating. Then let them down to desired pressure.

Onzadog
    Free Member

you say yuo use the soapy solution method. I do the same. I give it a good wrise once it’s seated and I’ve never had any issue if it gets wet again. Just use the soapy solution.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Getting tyres to seat properly’ is closed to new replies.