Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Getting rid of Sky Sports
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Has anyone else done this recently? I am looking to replace it with online sources, such as Eurosport player and various live streams.

Has anyone found this to be a good idea?

Also, I have a 40gb limit at the moment on my fibre broadband, but I can upgrade to unlimited for an extra £4, if necessary.

bigG
    Free Member

We binned sky sports about six months ago, it seemed to pretty much just football all the time anyway (no footie fans in this house). We still get eurosport as part of our sky package and between that, BBC and ITV4 I get coverage of the sport that interest me (Cycling, skiiing, Formula 1, Paris Dakar, touring cars etc).

Not missed sky sports at all, and there’s always sky sports news if you do have an urge to watch other people watching football on a Saturday afternoon.

MSP

I use sky-go online. If I see there is a few matches with my team on sky, and a few other big matches and things to see, I just get a month pass. It costs the same as a months worth of sky sports would, but it is not a monthly subscription. I have only done it once so far, and can’t see paying it more than 2 or 3 times a year.

Not worked out how I am going t get my motogp fix next year yet though.

allthegear
    Free Member

I use things like iPlayer quite a lot, rather than watching live TV. Might be worth noting my average monthly broadband usage is 105GB at the moment…

Rachel

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks folks.

I have just done the deed. I didn’t realise you could get Eurosport without Sky Sports, so I have gone with the Entertainment Extra package which allows me to keep Eurosport for the cycling etc.

Payments will come down from £46/month to £23/month so happy days :mrgreen:

hammyuk
    Free Member

allthegear – Member
    Might be worth noting my average monthly broadband usage is 105GB at the moment…

Shhhhh…… they’ll all want the link to the midget pron…..

Vern0n
    Free Member

I planned to end mine a few months back, cancelled it and everything but they begged me to come back with a silly offer for sky/sports/movies/HD and unlimited broadband for around 30 a month, inc a new HD box.
    So not much more than the cost if a freesat box. I will be keeping for remainder of the 12 month contract and see what’s on offer when silly price expires.

I do use the Sky Go a bit , and am one of those who enjoy watching others watch the Saturday stuff. IIRC Sky Sports News is now subscription only, so no longer a freebie. I am a footy fan so at the mo it’s a good deal for me..

Agree it is very footie focused though

Vern0n
    Free Member

Ps they only sent please come back offer after I had fully cancelled sky everything. Previously they have been a bit more willing to haggle but have probably wised up to people doing this with no real intention of cancelling!

tenfoot

Sky sports news is still available without sky sports. We got rid of movies and sports and went for a love film subscription instead. It all just costs too much money, for something we weren’t using very often.

mikey74
    Free Member

It all just costs too much money, for something we weren’t using very often.

That was my reasoning: £46/month for TV seems ridiculous.

allthegear
    Free Member

Shhhhh…… they’ll all want the link to the midget pron…..

Wouldn’t midget pron use much fewer GB???

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Getting rid of Sky Sports’ is closed to new replies.