Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Getting into the zone
  • prezet
    Free Member

So yesterday I had quite a big crash and have once again broken my collarbone and damaged my back. It was only the second run of the day where I hadn’t quite got into the flow of things (and was a bit sketchy).

How long does it take you guys to get into it and start ripping? Do you normally take a few runs slowly to warm up – or are you able to just go out and get rad on the first run?

Lately it seems to take me a while to get in the mood to ride, but once I am I’m normally a fairly competent rider.

Karl33to
    Free Member

Went to Farmer Johns yesterday, first time on the big bike for two months, took me four or five runs to get my head in the right place to do the drop off at the start.

First few runs down are always very gentle, even more so if I don’t know the trail.

prezet
    Free Member

Yeah. Thinking more gentle initial runs are the way forward.

binners

How long does it take you guys to get into it and start ripping?

Well…. its been 44 years so far. I’ll let you know when if it ever happens.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

somewhere between the first and the last +1 run. Some days I can jsut hit it but it relies on being fit and confident.

weeksy

At BPW last week it was the 3rd run where I really started feeling any flow to my riding and it was noted by the riders I was with that my pace had increased. Not something I usually give much thought to, but could actually see and feel the speed coming over time.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Getting into the zone’ is closed to new replies.