• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by mefty.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • George Soros comments, Putin and Trump, enemies of the free world…
  • kimbers

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jan/21/george-soros-donald-trump-doing-work-isis

I agree when he says idiots like Trump are only likely to alienate Muslims further

What about Putin though

Just tit for tat comments from a man wanted as a ‘ Financial Terrorist’ in Russia

Or a legitimate point, inspite of NATO Trident etc is Vlad evil enough to bring Europe down by targeting civillians to flood Europe with refugees?

‘The EU Is on the Verge of Collapse’—An Interview

dogmatix

I think Mr Putin is a genuine threat to the west, the only real question is, is the west on the right side of history. Personally I think narrowly yes. But I could be wrong. Whether the exact accusations are true is debatable. But personally I think Mr Putin is very much engaged in undermining western Europe. He wants to see Russia strong again, he wants back the states that moved westward. He is very clearly using contradicting diplomacy in order to confuse the western population, he is playing the media. Which is much easier when you are not truly democratically elected.

binners

Putin has us in particular by the short and curlies, as the City of London is absolutely awash with dodgy Russian Billions that its busy laundering for Putin and his mates, while London in general fawns at the feet of the blood-stained Oligarchs, pandering shamelessly to their every whim.

So despite noisy announcements like yesterdays report into bumping people off on British soil not being on, he knows full we won’t do a bloody thing about it, because we can’t.

An interesting article on Putin – the master of misinformation

dogmatix

I would also say neoliberal capitalism is handing it to Putin on a plate. Western populations are quite rightly questioning the direction the ship is sailing in. Putin is manipulating this. Obviously his direction is even worse, but he doesn’t need to convince us it isn’t, he just needs to collapse our other options.

slowoldman

Sounds a fair summation to me.

mefty
    Free Member

Russia’s economy is in real trouble with a low oil price, there has been limited economic restructuring that is the problem with kleptocracies – however clever Putin might be, they don’t have enough money.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think Mr Putin is very much engaged in undermining western Europe

TO e fair we are engaged in undermining him

problem is he seems better at it than we do. Is he responsible who knows but the Russians do like a bit of misinformation out there

Oh and what Binners says.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

OPEC and the US upped oil production to drive the price down purely to hurt the Russian Economy. Putin does a lot of grandstanding and posturing but the reality is he can’t keep it up for ever and the world will move on without him, eventually. So long as he doesn’t go fully apeshit and start a war against NATO. On balance how much noise have we heard since Turkey shot down one of their planes? Was this perhaps a demonstration to Putin that the NATO war machine still works?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Trump wants to “force” Apple to make their “computers and things” IN AMERICA.

Moron.

veedubba

Erm, it’s primarily the Saudis who’ve kept oil production high, despite the calls from their OPEC partners to reign it in. This was to make it unprofitable for the smaller US producers (and force them out of the industry) and also to make it more difficult for Iran to enter the market after the sanctions were lifted. It’s certainly not only about affecting Russia.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I seem to remember reading about this a few years back and IIRC is referenced in a few other analysis pieces I have seen, however as no one will actually say this it may all just be a conspiracy and so I’ll just walk away now.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Trump wants to “force” Apple to make their “computers and things” IN AMERICA.

Moron.

I saw an interview with Trump getting questioned on where all the tat that he sells, (Trump ties, shirts and whatnot)and guess what, they are all made in China.

thewanderer
    Free Member

This Gawker article sums up Trump and the Republicans pretty well methinks.

The Republican Party is a trick

We don’t have much of a democracy….

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Republicanism ain’t what it used to be…

chewkw
    Free Member

Shouldn’t Soros be dead at his age with that wealth of his? 😯

He has to say something now otherwise “his people” will get it in whatever event that will happen or whoever is in charged. (the situation of his people getting targeted in France is getting worst)

I think his assumption is as follows:

1. Trump in power … his people get it.
    2. Putin in power … his people get it.
    3. Both in power … his people get it.
    4. Both out of power … his people will still get it from normal people who hate them.

He is in a no win scenario apart from managing the damage and as it is he is viewing option 4 as the best one out.

… very clever bloke he is.

We see him coming … 😛

He was once portrayed as the bogeyman of far east stock/currency exchange …

badnewz
    Free Member

Soros is not a nice man. Neither is Trump or Putin.
    It’s a battle between neoliberal economics and ethno-nationalism.
    And it’s coming to a head over the next 10 years.
    Interesting times.

chewkw
    Free Member

badnewz – Member
    Soros is not a nice man. Neither is Trump or Putin.
    It’s a battle between neoliberal economics and ethno-nationalism.
    And it’s coming to a head over the next 10 years.
    Interesting times.

Yeap! Like they say … the shite will hit the fan … then we will all be covered in shite. 😆

If I want to make big money I think News reporting job will be good but need to make sure I am trained in arms, martial arts etc before going to the area where the shite are.

mefty
    Free Member

A guardian writer said he stopped reading when neoliberalism is used this is a good rule.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘George Soros comments, Putin and Trump, enemies of the free world…’ is closed to new replies.