Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Genesis Vagabond build
  • moorsey72
    Free Member

After getting all starry eyed one evening when first setting eyes on the deep purple vagabond frame i knew what i had to do (n+1), then in a cruel twist of fate one appeared on ebay which i managed to bag for £175 (once rubber stamped by my very understanding other half). I am now entangled in a wrangle with myself on exactly how to fit this purple beauty out. Im thinking maybe….Brooks B17, taylor alfine 11 wheels, big apple tyres, butterfly bars, XT disc brakes, richley classic stem and seatpost (silver) and some spd/flat combo pedals. Im thinking a laid back retro modern touring/chilling bike that i can go off on a long days ride or roll down to a cafe with the wife.

Now my wrangle comes in. Do i go for alfine 11 or XT? butterfly bars or drop bars? Obviously the shifter issues come into play but any further advice or observations (as well as alternatives) would be very much appreciated

1-shed
    Free Member

Check out stands site for inspiration. Sounds similar to what I want to build next.

1-shed
    Free Member

http://www.velovitality.co.uk has a good range of components which may suit your build too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Genesis Vagabond build’ is closed to new replies.