Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Genesis io – any good?
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Fancy a singlespeed frame, Cotic simples seem fairly hard to come by. These looks almost identical. Are they any good? Any issues with them? Not keen on the crud guard bosses on the down tube, other than that they look ideal. Any other similar frames anyone knows of?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

yeah really good frame, had one for a while before going back to big wheels,

surly 1×1 is also a fantastic choice.

OrangeAnimal
    Free Member

Genesis good but quite steep geometry I thought. Paintwork was only issue with mine.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

They seem to be very cheap 2nd hand, the geometry looks about right.

Struggling to think of alternatives.

Genesis paint is shite!

Hmm, not so sure on that Surly.

badlydrawnbiker
    Free Member

Love ’em – my most ridden steed.
    After 4 years just found a crack in gusset below head tube, but hopefully the lifetime warranty will kick in? Fingers crossed.
    It’s not put me off owning one…………….. yet

sillyoldman

Got a 17.5″ IO frame not in use if that’s any good for you?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

A 19″ is what I need.

sillyoldman

No worries.

james
    Free Member

“These looks almost identical”

Tubeset is ‘lesser’ than on the cotic but still a decent tubeset, not gas pipe.
    Singletrack magazune had one in something like issue 33 Ii think. The tester loved the frame and recommended the frame only option. The rest of the complete build he had issues with IIRC

bi6al
    Free Member

what about this ?
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/genesis-io-ss-195

fantastic bike would keep it if i could ever get time to use it .

franki
    Free Member

I love my Io, such a great handling bike, opened my eyes to what can be ridden on a SS. Had it a few years now and the paint is fine on mine.
    It’s been relegated to commuting duties now though, but my new main offroad bike is a Fortitude SS. ( So kind of an Io 29er, I suppose!)

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

fantastic bike would keep it if i could ever get time to use it .

I dont think I could get away with that paint job.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Mine is fab (’10 iOID). Gets ridden 40-50 miles every week summer or winter. Good fun to jump too.
    Just back from a nice 25 miler just now.
    Love the handling (my Five is less fun in single track) and needs no maintenance.

The paint could be tougher but then I like the fact that it looks as if it’s been around the block a couple of times too.

Would without hesitation buy another but don’t foresee the need just yet.

mboy
    Free Member

Great bikes

Frame is pretty similar to a Soul in geometry, other than designed around a 100mm fork or 450mm rigid rather than anything longer, and with a very slightly higher BB, but it’s a nice singletrack cruiser. Genesis paint isn’t the best indeed, though better than On One’s, but they’re cheap and cheerful and ride really nicely.

mattk
    Free Member

Literally just picked one up this evening that I bought on eBay for £260.

Had a quick blast round my local woods and its really responsive and quick out the corners. I can see it getting a lot of riding time, well chuffed with it!

Militant_biker

Got an ’09 frame built up with 100mm forks, flat bars and a short stem. It became my main bike when I moved to the flatlands, and it’s been flawless. A few war wounds here and there, but holding up nicely.

Love. It.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

After all that.

I went and bought a Cotic Simple.

flashes
    Free Member

Bought IO, rode IO, sold IO went back to an On One, still have On One..

sheephills
    Free Member

Sillyoldman – have send you a mail 🙂

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Genesis io – any good?’ is closed to new replies.