Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • gear cable help
  • oscarlee
    Free Member

can any one recomend gear cable for shimano slx going on 456 carbon i have never fitted them before also were can i buy them from

PTR
    Free Member

Gortex cables. Fit em, forget em, shifting will be great for years.

peakmonster
    Free Member

I usually use gen xtr shimano outer cable and buy it per metre form l.b.s. or wherever i can get it,inner cable i alos use xtr shimano stuff as it coated. you could buy the shiminao xtr cable set of ebay or c.r.c comes with all the bits such as nipples cables but the only problem is the outer cable tends to come in pre cut lengths so no good if you outer cables are the full length of the bike, not sure on 456 carbon.
    i am sure some of the other guys will have suggestions 😛

oscarlee
    Free Member

thanks for that lbs i think it is. problem is every time i go into my local bike shop they never help or give advice they just keep saying to busy book an appointment really p..s me off i can understand there busy but 2min of there time is to difficult for them,

somouk
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry too much about amazing gear cables unless you ride a lot or spend a lot of time in mud. Some properly looked after XT cables will be fine. Buy them from CRC cheap along with some XT outer and you’ll be fine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘gear cable help’ is closed to new replies.