Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Garmin Edge Touring anyone got one?
  • winston_dog
    Free Member

Looking at the new Garmin Edge Touring. Looks pretty good.

I’ve got the old Edge and it#s been a good computer.

I do like to head off on my road bike with an OS map and just sort of wander about, this looks like it might be ideal for that.

Anyone got one or played with one?

rob
    Free Member

Yeah had one a couple of months. Use it mainly as a sat nav and its been fine. I was a bit disappointed at first as the look and feel of the software is a bit slow and basic like a first generation smart phone but I don’t notice it anymore it just does it job, battery lasts ages its fast at getting a GPS lock overall glad I got one.

EarlofBarnet
    Free Member

Rob, are you using it with the hrm and cadence by any chance? Quite like the look of these myself.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    peteimpreza

The touring models don’t support cadence.

simmy
    Free Member

Very tempted especially at £139.99

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/garmin-discount-code

I didn’t get as far as finding out how much the postage was but that seems a bargain. Putting the credit card away before I spend too much……

winston_dog
    Free Member

simmy – agreed. It was the discount code that got me thinking about it. Might get the Mrs to buy it for my Christmas present.

monkeyboyjc

Just bought one today from halfords (special edition which has free out in front mount and a cover), got it for about £160 in the end after sat nav offer and british cycling discount so not as good as the above link, but you do get £39 of accessories for free.

Had an hours playing so far – seems I deal for what I want, exploring on the road and mtb.

bren2709

Postage is Free!

cozz
    Free Member

but the edge touring doesnt have OS maps loaded does it? just basic maps?

rob
    Free Member

Comes with open street map

cozz
    Free Member

so will it be rubbish, if im out midle of nowhere on mountain bike then

so if so I would need the 800

rob
    Free Member

No its fine in the middle of nowhere. The touring is the 800 without the cadence sensors. If you want to upgrade to os maps you can but there’s not much difference.

monkeyboyjc

its designed for being in the middle of nowhere (and getting you to and from the middle of nowhere) – it’s an 810 with none of the training software and all of the mapping software and a little more.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Edge Touring anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.