Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Garmin Connect stupidity
  • pnik

Been sent a GPX file by a very nice man of a loop to use on a demo tomorrow in an area i dont know. So uploaded to Garmin Connect and I cant find it. I try again and it says already uploaded, doesn’t appear in my activities or courses list.

I’ve manually copied the file to the garmin and it’ll probably work, but why oh why is Garmin so unhelpfully non-intuitive. I thought I’d turn it into a course on Garmin connect, but can’t. I even opened it in Basecamp which managed to convert the 13 miles to 156 by trying to pin it to A roads.

If anyone one knows great, although it might just be therapy talking it through. Love the devices loath the software. Should’ve just gone to GPSies and ignored Garghmin.

hot_fiat

connect the garmin to your PC, open windows explorer and drop the GPX file into: <whatever drive letter it is>:\Garmin\NewFiles

Done?

Basecamp is terrible. Truly bloody awful. The people who wrote that wrote connect.

jonnyboi

Assuming you copied it to the correct folder… new files I think, then it should appear.

You’re correct that it’s far from slick though

legend
    Free Member

hot_fiat – Member

connect the garmin to your PC, open windows explorer and drop the GPX file into: <whatever drive letter it is>:\Garmin\NewFiles

Done?

Yup, should be all it need. Garmin unit then uses it as a course for you.

Agree it would be handy if you could upload to Garmin Connect when you want to make adjustments to someone elses route. Otherwise dropping it straight to the unit should work fine

pnik

yeah, I did drop it straight onto the device in the end, just annoys me how the file disappears seemingly without a trace on garmin connect.

riddoch

Check the dates in the file, if it’s added it in as a course it will likely be stored under that date.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Garmin Connect stupidity’ is closed to new replies.