Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Garmin 500 not uploading since Firmware update
  • Jase
    Free Member

Since updating the firmware on my Garmin 500 to 3.20 (I think) I have been unable to upload to Garmin connect or Strava, the process starts but just stalls and never completes.

Anyone else had this and have a solution?

Many thanks.

boxelder

Had similar with a 200 – googled it and Off > hold page button > On solved it.
    May be as simple

Jase
    Free Member

Thanks, have given it a go and will see what happens after my next ride.

boxelder

It should work straight away – do you get a ‘device not recognised’ message?

Jase
    Free Member

No the computor recognises the device and it starts to upload as normal but the progress bar never makes it all the way across and just stalls.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

My garmin 500 has been doing this for about 6 months, tried various solutions and none have worked. I just do manual uploads now.

Jase
    Free Member

Think thats what I’ll be doing until they release another firmware update to fix it and break something else!

rootes1

seems each firmware update for the 500 results in problems..

composite
    Free Member

Does the Garmin Communicater browser plugin need to be updated as well for use with the new firmware?

traildog
    Free Member

I get exactly that trouble when connecting with Strava and Internet Explorer. I don’t with Chrome or Firefox. I thought it was more a browser thing (it started when I upgraded to IE10) than a Garmin one. Interesting to learn that’s not the case.
    I’ve lost interest in Strava anyway, so I’m not very worried about it.

Jase
    Free Member

I’ll give it a go with Chrome and see if that resolves – cheers.

traildog
    Free Member

In fact, now I think about it, I generally copy the file to my hard drive then import it to Strava. And this also doesn’t work with IE. So that’s not talking directly to the Garmin and it’s still hanging on the load. But it works with Chrome.

Leigh
    Free Member

Had the same trouble after a update and the distance stopped measuring. Ended up back for Garmin to fix it

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Garmin 500 not uploading since Firmware update’ is closed to new replies.