Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Front of my house just fell off
  • takisawa2

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-QNAwUdHUQ[/video]

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Sooooo……

Any update? Anything else fallen off?

Did the neighbours notice?

bassman
    Free Member

Bump

Any update how have you got on with the builders.

Gary_C

Any update how have you got on with the builders.

Perhaps he’s now part of a new builds foundations…..

😉

stumpy01

Perhaps he’s now part of the foundations down at number 84?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Maybe the rest of the house followed soon afterwards and he’s been a little busy clearing up ?

bagpuss72
    Free Member

info here

someones probably already posted this but I dont have time to read all posts.

I had a problem with the lintel over my patio door in year 6 and struggled ALOT with Jones Homes depends on builders for some reason I thought your ‘contract’ was with the NHBC people to sort but it took a long time and alot of messing – Good Luck xx

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Maybe he knocked on a neighbours door a little too hard and instead of warning them about dodgy porch fixings, he demonstrated instead and used his head to stop it’s fall?

Mr_C
    Free Member

Sorry to disappoint/thanks for your concern but I’ve not ended up under a pile of rubble or someone else’s canopy – I’m working away from home this week so I don’t have much chance to get on here. It might have been a close thing with ending up under another canopy, at least one of the neighbour’s canopies looks like it won’t be up for much longer as I could have got my fingers into the gap between the wall and the top of the support truss and I felt nervous just standing under it.

I contacted Bellway customer care on Monday morning and spoke to a very helpful lady who took all the details and seemed genuinely concerned. She rang me back in the early afternoon to tell me they would be replacing my canopy and retrofitting all the others with the correct fixings within ten working days. I must say I was very surprised it was this easy – I won’t be home until tomorrow so don’t know if anything has actually been done.

wwaswas

takes the wind right out of your sails when they’re nice, concerned and offer to rectify the problem for all affected without quibble, doesn’t it?

Gary_C

takes the wind right out of your sails when they’re nice, concerned and offer to rectify the problem for all affected without quibble, doesn’t it?

+1

Also, if every issue was resolved like this us lot on here would have nothing to discuss/argue about. The forum would be barren.

😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I must say I was very surprised it was this easy

Well I’m surprised you’re surprised…….a dirty great big porch full of roof tiles fell off the front of your house ffs. I would expect a major house builder to deal with the issue as fast as possible and to be extremely apologetic, it’s not a question of “oh well these things sometimes happen you know”.

Still, as long as you’re happy and no one’s been hurt, all’s well that ends well eh ? 8)

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Front of my house just fell off’ is closed to new replies.