Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Front 29er tyre
  • bluemoon1981
    Free Member

Hi, just a bit of advice to which front tyre I should look at, I’m riding a tallboy and have put a maxxis minion ss on the rear and it came down with a maxxis minion dhr2 on the front.
    I mainly ride cliff paths and with the dry weather the dhr2 doesn’t seem to be coping with the loose hard pack sandy stuff is there anything else you guys would recommend?

Thanks

tmb467
    Free Member

Sand on hard pack doesn’t give much grip…doubt that anything will give a lot of grip but Ardent / icon / crossmark 2 / tomahawk look more like they’ll be better for hardpack

tomhoward

Ardent for dry, shorty for wet

jamcorse

I’ve been a big Ardent fan for my Tallboy. recently fitted an Aggressor to the front, very happy. My limited skills/balls have been unable to make it wash out in the dry. Picks up the whole world in its treads in the wet through…

Northwind

DHF is better in the crumbly dry than the DHR2 but it’s a tough gig for anything. Something big with lots of little knobs can work surprisingly well, just by spreading the odds out. Depending on the soil something spiky could work too but that’s really chancy- sometimes my shorty’ll find stupid grip in really loose stuff but other times it just tears away

akira

I got on well with a Chunky Monkey on the front of a rigid 29er, set up tubeless at a low pressure it seemed to grip well.

kimbers

chunky monkey!

stevedoc
    Free Member

Magic Mary at 24 psi on my Alpine five had a shorty on over winter , Wont have anything else up front

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Front 29er tyre’ is closed to new replies.