Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • From 740mm to 800mm
  • nickc

So, went for first ride with wider handlebars on today. (everything else the same) few things

1. shorter reach – yeah I know, but wasn’t expecting it to be so noticeable, didn’t take long to adjust, but more pronounced than I expected.

2. Feels slower on turns…note “feels” slower, isn’t, just feels it. My first techy dh starts with some carving turns that tighten up after one or two corners, went into first one thinking whoa…loads of time, just chill…argh no! more turn needed!! crash (front wheel slapper)….again didn’t take long to adust, and weighting the outside bar takes less effort, but yeah, feels nice, more accurate? dunno time will tell

3. Climbing, opens everything up, climbs were better, faster, less grunty, interesting side effect that I wasn’t expecting

4. These new bars are carbon…oh my goodness, after a few years of ali bars, I’d forgotten just how super smooth decent carbon bars are!

Nice, fun changing stuff about… 😀

taxi25
    Free Member

Tree’s !!! Where I ride 800mm bars would terrify me 😯

Alex

I meant to give you those Vibrocore 800 bars when I saw you in August! I really liked them on my Stache but gone back to 780s now because, well, trees in the Forest.

I’ve a set of 750s on another bike and find it harder to go back to narrower (if hardly narrow!) bars than the other way.

Which ones did you get?

nickc

Got some Joystick Analogue, they’re really nicely made. Yeah, the tress where I ride aren’t that much of an issue (says the man in winter 😆 )

surprising how quickly I got used to them.

razorrazoo

I was surprised at the noticeable difference when changing from Alu to carbon bars (both Renthal).

Alex

Got some Joystick Analogue

– nice looking bars. Nearly bought some but ended up with the Renthal Carbons. I know Cy/Cotic specs them on the full builds so that’s good enough for me!

5lab

isn’t the reach effectively lengthened with wider bars?

I’ve got 800s on my big bike, but always have to chop them down on the hardtail to fit through the narrow trails here (near stamner)

gwurk
    Free Member

OMG. it’s moving each hand outwards 30mm.

you either like that or you don’t. No need to overthink it.

rascal
    Free Member

800mm at Cannock should be interesting!

nickc

Oh look here’s gwurk. 🙄

You know, its a forum for talking about mountain bikes, there’s no “over thinking” it’s just blather about bikes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘From 740mm to 800mm’ is closed to new replies.