• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by sas.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • free wifi and smartphones / iphone
  • lakesrider
    Free Member

trying to decide if its worth paying extra for an iphone as it includes access to BT openzone spots in the contract, or get a cheaper HTC Desire without this.

If i get a Desire is it easy to find free wifi hotspots, ie is there an app or something that does it? Are the free spots fairly common? I’ve heard places like costa, mc donalds and starbucks have them, but not sure if this is correct.

thanks

IA

I tend to use 3G when I’m out and about…

Pieface

Isn’t access to BT Openzone free anyway?

IA

no.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Which network are you with? When i moved to O2 I got free WiFi access via “The Cloud” which is one of the more common WiFi suppliers.

trail_rat
    Free Member

why not just use 3G ? without 3G connection no point in buying an iphone really ..

grumm
    Free Member

why not just use 3G ?

Because wifi is miles faster?

lakesrider
    Free Member

was thinking if i’m just after a coffee and browsing, or waiting at an airport / station for a while. I could browse on 3g, but its less frustrating on a faster wifi connection.

trail_rat
    Free Member

is the iphone really that shit ?

my e71 is fine with most webcontent on 3g …..even youtube and things like that – albe it the browser scales down the content so its not as bulky

**** i can surf the net on 3g by tethering to my laptop without too much delay …..

sas
    Free Member

Loads of smaller coffee shops have free wifi (might need to ask for the password). Starbucks have free wifi if you get one of their loyalty cards. Depending on how often you’re in airports/train stations PAYG 3G might work out cheaper on those occasions.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘free wifi and smartphones / iphone’ is closed to new replies.