• This topic has 15 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Dave.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Free s/w to create a web page ?
  • Trimix
    Free Member

I would like to learn how and then create a web page(s). Can anyone recommend some free s/w and hosing ?

Cheers

coffeeking
    Free Member

Basic web pages? Things like Word can do it, but theres Seamonkey which does very basic stuff (frames, tables, images, links etc). Most modern sites are dynamic, database driven sites and not easy to learn without a simple background from something like simple HTML that you’ll get from something basic like seamonkey.

l45key
    Free Member

I found nvu to be quite good and it’s free.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

there are lots of sites that let you create a site online, for personal stuff many of the blogging sites will provide sufficient functionality to allow you to build it and style it as you go – kinda learn on the job stuff.

jam-bo

notepad

Flaperon

Google is best for this – they have a webpage builder etc. If you have a Mac, iWeb does the job very nicely and Apple can host it for you (though not for free.)

Dave
    Free Member

Notepad ++

waynekerr
    Free Member
    retro83
    Free Member

vi

GrahamA
    Free Member

retro83 beat me to it. So I’m going to say Emacs

retro83
    Free Member

😆

coffeeking
    Free Member

As a linux geek I can openly call you two geeks too. While I’m aware the suggestion of an IDE is somewhat of a faux par, jambo and Dave need shooting for suggesting a windows-based text editor 😀

I’m off to create my website by manipulating the raw bits, you’re just not geek enough my friends 😆

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

On Linux, I use Bluefish
    On Windows, Microsoft Visual Studio – just like Notepad, but does syntax highlighting

GrahamA
    Free Member

While I’m aware the suggestion of an IDE is somewhat of a faux par

Anyone who claims vi has a UI has some funny ideas

coffeeking
    Free Member

Anyone who claims vi has a UI has some funny ideas

Anyone who can’t identify who suggests what software shouldn’t be replying to a forum 😀 I suggested Seamonkey.

Dave
    Free Member

jambo and Dave need shooting for suggesting a windows-based text editor

Despite the fact that the op asking what to use means they’re most likely a windows user?

Sometimes you O/S nerds need to look out into the real world ;oP

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Free s/w to create a web page ?’ is closed to new replies.