Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Free copy of Grit CX – should I be pleased or faux-outraged?
  • stilltortoise
    Free Member

Got Singletrack in the post today, with a free copy of Grit CX. Can someone tell me whether this is “a good thing” or whether the trend is to be mock-outraged at someone sending me something I never asked for?

Mackem

No-one asked for this thread did they? I’m shocked.

perchypanther
    Free Member

It’s mrsfry’s copy.
    Said that he / she didn’t want it anymore.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

What’s Grit CX?

I thought it was all about Grit Gravel these days?

wwaswas

jekkyl

grit.cx: soft, strong and thorougly absorbent.

scaredypants

faux-outrage

it’s the same as U2 putting a record on your phone and how we all frothed at that !

Pook

Do I have to grow a twiddly moustache now?

RustySpanner

I know a song about gravel:

Now here comes a story that’s never been told…….
    [video]https://youtu.be/Zr8D1XScCgM[/video]

Rubber_Buccaneer

When I first saw that Grit CX magazine I thought ‘who want’s a mag about CX, they couldn’t give that away’. How wrong I was 🙂

dragon
    Free Member

Does it cover this kind of thing?

manton69

I don’t care what anybody else thinks I really liked it. I was actually going to sleep if they do a joint sub.

Does that make me a bad person?

DezB
    Free Member

I flicked through (down on the beach, if you must know).. looks cool. Well, there is a Tripster ad at the front, that’ll do me 🙂

thepurist

I always read the mag on the bog so will see if grit.cx passes Bob Hoskins’ cold bum test.

Northwind

I don’t like the wastefulness of it but I can’t say I’m outraged, just a bit disappointed. How about give subscribers a quick opt-out email to cut down on needless paper and print waste?

77ric
    Free Member

Picture the scene,

Having just returned from work, I take my key and insert it into the door lock and turn it clockwise, I then pull down the handle enjoying the satisfying thunk of the locking mechanism withdrawing the multipoint bolts, I push the door forward and BAM! It opens all of 4 inches before the singletrack/grit.cx combo jam under the door, livid I was. I actually had to use the tradesmens entrance.

So I’m on the faux outrage side I am, blooming migrant magazines sneaking there way into my letterbox under bigger magazines.

Wookster

It’s a free bike mag what’s not to like!! It’s not like it’s a Knog advert in the calendar or anything………. 😈

maccruiskeen

It opens all of 4 inches before the singletrack/grit.cx combo jam under the door, livid I was.

But it got your attention – all publicity is good publicity after all 🙂

I went to an arts marketing seminar where a speaker was genuinely – and I mean absolutely genuinely – recommending doing mass mail outs of unsolicited publicity material in formats larger than peoples letterboxes so that the postie would have to put a ‘while you were out card’ through your door and you’d then have to go to the sorting office with the card and ID and queue wait to receive a package you hadn’t asked for. This he told us would make your material stand out from the crowd.

poah
    Free Member

typical industry trying to force something new on you.

RustySpanner

I’d like the option to receive an alternate copy of ST/Grit.
    Might keep things a bit fresher.
    I do like ST, but even good mags get a bit samey after a while.

Alternatively, dump the hipster nonsense, put the all the good stuff in one mag.

Be brave, we just don’t need categories anymore.
    There’s now a bike out there for everyone and every type of off road riding.
    I’d like to read a mag that reflects that.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I like the idea GritCX. It isn’t for me, but its nice that the failed MTB & road riders have somewhere to hang out.

footflaps

It isn’t for me, but its nice that the failed MTB & road riders have somewhere to hang out.

Hmm, last time I looked at that site even the tumbleweed was feeling lonely….

RustySpanner

I don’t see the point of the Grit website, in all honesty.
    We cover the same ground on here.

I thought the magazine was mostly really well written, to the benefit of topics which can often come across as a bit bland or hackneyed – the dad and kids piece being a good example.

salad_dodger

Grit held my interest a lot longer than the Singletrack mag did. There was nothing in ST that made me want to read it so in the recycling box it went less than 10 minutes after I opened it. Really must see if I have the option to cancel it.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Wasn’t the best ST tbh (sorry). I can’t get excited about unattainable foreign trips, no matter how good the photography is.

Grit felt like an attempt to make up for it.

garage-dweller

Mine is still wrapped in the hall although I did notice the freebie. It’s better than the free beanies with mbuk.

Saw someone on a crosser out today and tried to explain the concept to my son. I think I failed and if you’re the rider from PNE who passed us apologies for making such a Horlicks of trying as youbrode away up the hill!

stevio

read Grit – not looked @ Singletrack….. Strikes me as a UK DirtRag style wise and that’s no bd thing…

boxelder

apologies for making such a Horlicks of trying as youbrode away up the hill!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Free copy of Grit CX – should I be pleased or faux-outraged?’ is closed to new replies.