• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by poah.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Frame compatible with both 26 or 650b?
  • craig24
    Free Member

Looking at a new frame as my current one (Giant Trance) is a little small. I’d like to make the move to 650b but would be great if I could do it bit by bit. I’m hoping there’s a frame I can purchase, put all my components on including my 26 wheels then eventually fit 650b wheels and be up to date. Trance has a 120mm fork. Any options? I see the Banshee Spitfire is compatible but looks a bit to much of a bike for me.

easygirl

Liteville 301 , fantastic buke, there was one in classifieds for sale a few weeks ago

tomhoward

Any frame that will take a 650b wheel will take a 26… Forks too 😉

And, if you believe Hora, 650b frames handle better with 26 wheels.

stevied
    Free Member

I’ve been running my Liteville 601 with 26″ kit since I got it a few months ago. In the process of going 27.5″ on the front as that’s what they recommend for a large sized frame.
    Can go 27.5″ on the rear too but wan to try it on the front 1st as the feedback for a 27.5/26 set up sounds perfect for my riding.

AlexSimon

tomhoward – Member

Any frame that will take a 650b wheel will take a 26… Forks too
    This

craig24
    Free Member

Cheers Liteville might be a bit expensive for me. I could just get a 27.5 Trance then and use my 26 wheels and fork for now.

jonathan
    Free Member
    stevied
    Free Member

Liteville might be a bit expensive for me

1500 EU Liteville 301: https://www.bike-components.de/de/Liteville/Rahmenkit-301-Mk11-mit-FOX-Float-CTD-p34115/

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

I’ve done exactly this with a NS Snabb. supposed to be 650b but running my 26″ wheels on it until the rims die.

Actually rides really well, no problems with pedal strikes or the like, even when compared to the old Enduro SL frame it replaced.

Just check the A2C length on your fork and see what it would do to the angles before committing though. I had quite a long fork to put on (BOS Deville 170mm travel).

craig24
    Free Member

Thanks for the link, its opened my options up a lot now I can look at any 650b that will run with 120mm fork.

Still to expensive for me, I will be looking at used options.

I’ve done exactly this with a NS Snabb. supposed to be 650b but running my 26″ wheels on it until the rims die.

Actually rides really well, no problems with pedal strikes or the like, even when compared to the old Enduro SL frame it replaced.

Just check the A2C length on your fork and see what it would do to the angles before committing though. I had quite a long fork to put on (BOS Deville 170mm travel).
    Thanks for the advice, I’ll make sure I check it out.

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

A longer A2C length slackens the angles and slightly raises the BB so well worth considering if your forks would be suitable. As you say, should be fine for any bikes using similar forks but the A2C might vary for a 650b specific fork.

honourablegeorge

Banshee Spitfire, 26 and 650 dropouts available

dmorts

Banshee Spitfire, 26 and 650 dropouts available

+1

hora
    Free Member

I remember posting up that Meta v4 was ace with 26’ers and I loved my old Blur4x yet anonymous bicycle forum experts showered scorn on my personal preference.
    The same folk who have fluffy white bodies and graze in fields..

Now a chap at Cotic likes his setup the same way. How many others free their mind from bike companies spiel?

poah
    Free Member

my dartmoor hornet will take both I run it with 26 wheels and fork.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Frame compatible with both 26 or 650b?’ is closed to new replies.