Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Fox fork lowers – dust/oil seal – replacement recommendations..?
  • no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

It looks as if I have to replace the seals on my Fox forks (again!). I’m not quite sure why the air-side stanchion on all my 4 pairs of fox forks tends to progressively leak oil a bit over time, but perhaps it’s to do with something I’m doing when I replace the lowers each time after the 15 hr seal-clean service…? I dunno..? It’s a persistent issue and no scratches on the stanchions either 😕

Anyway, so are Enduro seals worth upgrading to..? Are they less likely to leak oil over time..? And are they just as nice-and-stiction-free like my OEM Fox seals?

Or am I best just sticking with the Fox ones? (that seem to leak oil progressively over time..!) Hmmm…. 🙂

LoCo
    Free Member

Fox SKF ones.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Cheers LoCo..!

Any ideas why I am getting this problem? It seems to be a case of: 1st 15hr seal service – a little bit of oil that goes away with riding , 2nd service a bit more oil that takes longer to go away, 3rd oily marks that remain on air side stanchion, 4th oil weeping oil from air side stanchion.

Like I said, same on 4 pairs of forks now, all with unmarked stanchions!

Probably something clutzy I’m doing, but I can’t figure out what..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Fox fork lowers – dust/oil seal – replacement recommendations..?’ is closed to new replies.