Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Fox fork F120 RLC 2008 service newbie dumb question
  • ppolski
    Free Member

So I have successfully removed and cleaned lowers, all ready to be refilled with oil….but checking the fox website for oil quantities says 160 ml damper side and 30ml air side.

However when I emptied the old oil there was about 25ml came out the damper side and 5ml from the airside. Now admittedly I don’t think these have ever been serviced, but this seem like a tiny amount to replace with 160ml! Is this correct – I think these are the open bath ones so I assume it all just comes out?!

And just one little more q: I deflated the air chamber with the forks upside down and lost some green liquid. Do I just replace this with float fluid after removing the large silver cap?

Cheers for any help

woolymonster
    Free Member

Hi-a

Yeah the open bath system requires more 10wt Green in one side and as long as you have the identified your fork in the oil volume chart then replace it with what it says ignoring whatever came out.

As for the air chamber, it is designed to work with 5cc of Float fluid in there to lube the air piston, so remove the top cap, as best as you can – clean out the old oil, put 5cc of Float fluid (not 10wt Green) in there and replace it (torque to 21NM…or use ‘common sense’ 🙂 )

Hope it helps mate.

ppolski
    Free Member

WM

Awesome thanks very much, that makes sense! Just couldn’t believe how little oil must have been in there to start with.

Big fan of the common sense torque wrench too!

Happy Christmas

mudmonster
    Free Member

I did read somewhere that they sometimes don’t put in the correct amount of oil in the factory. But can’t see them putting in such small amounts. I have started to put more oil into the air spring, about 60 or 70ml. I’ve heard 30ml doesn’t lube the bushings enough.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Fox fork F120 RLC 2008 service newbie dumb question’ is closed to new replies.