• This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by njm.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Fox Dyad Rear Shock
  • pjm84
    Free Member

New bike has this shock but I can’t set up the pressure. I need a high pressure shock pump that will prevent loss from the valve when removed. Does such a thing exist?

Due to my weight the positive pressure needs to be 450psi, i.e max. When I release the pump I lose about 60psi. I can not put any more than 450psi so I’m snookered at the moment?

Any ideas?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

450psi???

How much do you weigh?

Rorschach
    Free Member

According to fox tech….110kgs!!!

svalgis
    Free Member

Does the pump really lose pressure when you disconnect it though? I thought that it was just the air inside the pump that makes the psss-noise, and that the loss in air pressure happens when you reconnect the pump.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Scott did a pump specifically for the old pull shocks they used.They went to 500psi and had a valve at the hose end.

pjm84
    Free Member

I lose about 60PSI at that pressure.

110kg in my birthday suit.

First ride didn’t go too well with a nice tuck in / low slide over the roots.

pjm84
    Free Member

How does that valve work? I need a push on / off to minimise loss when removing.

Screwing it off is too slow at 450psi and loses too much.

Rorschach
    Free Member

110kg in my birthday suit.

(remembers to be VERY nice to pjm84 in future)

pjm84
    Free Member

Looks like I need one of these….. Cannondale take note. Thanks

http://www.scott-sports.com/global/en/products/2196840001/shock-pump-scott-pro-black/#.UYLYJd5waAY

njm

I used to loose pressure from my shock pump, but since buying one of these I’ve not had a problem:

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/32095/Topeak_PressureRite_Pump_Valve_Connector?gclid=CJXgp4WG-rYCFe3LtAodB2gASQ

Admittedly I never need to go above about 200psi.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Fox Dyad Rear Shock’ is closed to new replies.