Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Fox DRCV shock a bit sloppy… propedal non existent
  • geordiemick00
    Free Member

I’ve got a three month old Trek?Gary Fisher rumblefish 2, it’s not had lots of use as I’ve been off it for a month after a crash, but now I’m using it again i’ve noticed the rear shock is shit!

I’ve set the shock as the Fox website states, set the sag up as per instruction and it appears to squat when i ride, the propedal lever doesn’t make an ounce of difference.

The shock seems to work fine, it travels up and down ok with decent modulation but it’s a bit to bouncy considering it’s got a fair bit of pressure in it. I’m a heavy bloke (115Kg) but the shock on my Cube Stereo copes OK with it and it’s within the tolerances fox state.

any idea’s?

mrfrosty
    Free Member

Shock is prob set at low velocity tune. Which is what trek spec for them. To light a tune for you. Mojo revalve will sort that.

clubby

Have you adjusted the level of the propedal? I’m 93kg and on my fuel with the same shock I find level 1 doesn’t do much on the climbs but level 2 is fine. As a well built bloke myself I do find that most shocks are set a bit light on compression and rebound for me, must be worse with an extra 12-15kg. It’s never been too bad for me to ruin performance, but I have had a bit of extra dampening tuned in at the shocks first routine service. Mojo have always done a good job for me in the past, but have also heard good things about Loco.
    It’s just a pity bike designers think all riders are skinny.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Fox DRCV shock a bit sloppy… propedal non existent’ is closed to new replies.