Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Fox 32 lowers – any differences between them – plus replacement parts…
  • Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Eeeeevnin’ all.

Couple of questions for you all, Fox like.

I’ve a set of 2011 Fox Float 140 forks (supplied with my Lapierre Zesty) which being 9mm QR, I naturally was after a set of QR15 lowers to fit them to stiffen up the fork.

I managed to win a set of F-Series lowers on Ebay which were ideal; I’d had a read around and found that you could interchange Fox lowers between models.

However, could I ask the esteemed knowledge here as to anyone hearing the contrary?

Additionally, as they didn’t ‘quite’ go together earlier, with a bit of clunking when compressed, I decided to pull them apart and refit, but in doing so, the damper rod sodding sheared on me as I was tightening it up: are these available as replacements (just the silver bits on the end)?

I’ll likely get this lot off to Loco; I can’t be arsed sodding mucking about any more…

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

By the way, it’s this bit:

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

That is from memory, but there was something along the lines of the shorter (<120mm 15mm lowers) not being interchangeable with the longer (>140mm) forks.

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Thanks for that; the fork lowers look identical – I’ve measured them up against each other and they are exactly the same in length, girth etc…

You can see here…

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

ps just emailed the EBay seller to find out what year/travel the forks were…

Where’s Loco when you need him!

raisinhat
    Free Member

I know that on the longer travel forks (140mm) they have a webbed brace, but as to the compatibility, I’m afraid I don’t have a clue.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

It was a while ago now, as I was looking to do the same thing (funnily enough with the QR lowers on my Zesty too). I seem to remember something about the arch being a giveaway, in that it needed to have the relevant bracing in it, as per the LHS example.

This was a good 18 months ago & the bike & forks have since long gone, so my memory is a little hazy.

I seem to remember speaking with Mojo along these lines, as the <120 15QR lowers were significantly cheaper at the time.

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Difference between arches is down to the type of fork; Webbed = Floats, non-webbed = F-Series.

However F-Series WAS available in 140mm and I can’t see the lowers all being different, other than the webbing giving extra stiffness…

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member
    james
    Free Member

“F-Series WAS available in 140mm”
    I thought F series only went upto an F120? maybe not then

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Seems it’s the ‘base valve’ that I have broken if you look here (and I never knew Fox had this part of their site…) http://service.foxracingshox.com/consumers/Content/Service/QuickTech/32Gen3OBRL_ServiceProc.htm

Arse socks.

Best talk nicely to Loco then and get a service done.

faz083
    Free Member

they look to be 2009 lowers, got the same logo/design on my ’09 f120’s

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Fox 32 lowers – any differences between them – plus replacement parts…’ is closed to new replies.