Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • FOX 32 CTD servicing/upgrading advice please …………
  • cyclical
    Free Member

Got a 2014 Scott Spark with fox 32 ctd forks (with remote).

The forks feel terrible and need [at least] a service which looks like it will cost about £100. Have read pretty bad press about these forks though and wondering if a service alone will be enough to get them working well. I see you can get a FIT upgrade but looks like that will cost in the region of £330 all in……

Any thoughts experiences on best way to go – service, upgrade or perhaps a replacement ?

Cheers

cyclical
    Free Member

Any opinions appreciated
    Cheers

beicmynydd
    Free Member

Had a set on my canyon spectral 2014 model i think.

Played around with air pressure extra oil etc just felt bad. I use the bike on a local DH track and the forks just dived and never rebounded.

After a while they went on e-bay and I got a set of nearly new pikes again from e-bay the upgrade cost about + £150

Night and day performance

iainc

Same fork (not remote) on 2015 Anthem SX and works very well.

Definitely worth a proper service.

smatkins1
    Free Member

I assume these are ‘Evolution series’ Fox 32’s if they came as OEM spec on your bike.

I’ve owned a couple of pairs of ‘Performance series’ spec 32’s with the O/B damper. Like all forks you obviously have to keep on top of servicing to keep them feeling their best.

I found them perfectly fine for local woodland single track riding. But if you start doing anything too aggressive with them then their limited performance does really start to show.

I wouldn’t bother going down the upgrade route. Nothing wrong with the FIT damper. But if you want better performance I’d take that £330 along with the £100 service and what every you can sell yours for accurately described forks for and buy a completely new fork.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘FOX 32 CTD servicing/upgrading advice please …………’ is closed to new replies.