Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Forward facing child seats
  • 29erKeith
    Free Member

I’ve got a trailer which has, and is still used a lot, but now my little one’s a bit bigger and the summers coming I’d love to get him up front with me for some rides too.

I want something which doesn’t force me to ride knees out too much as some up front seats do, and something that’s pretty quick to fit and remove and maybe swap between bikes (might buy a couple of brackets if possible)

The iBert seems to fit the bill is it the best out there or are there other options I’ve not seen?

29erKeith
    Free Member

No one? I can’t believe nobody on STW has an opinion, informed or not 😉

[Edit]Just thought maybe the title could have been clearer, nothing to do with a car seat[/Edit]

eyerideit
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these.

The only issue is that Mrs Eye and my knees hit it as the head angle on the bike (Kona Minute) is a bit slack, so I’ve got to make some angled spacers to level it up a bit.

Other than that it’s super light/secure and seems very comfortable but it does make the turning circle bigger.

29erKeith
    Free Member

Ok cheers that looks like another good option, what’s it called though?
    Is it just a single clamp on the steerer, does it go on and come off pretty quick?

29erKeith
    Free Member

just got the name (yepp mini ahead) from the image url, cheers

WillH

Another vote for the Yepp mini, it’s excellent. I liked it so much I got a Yepp Maxi after my son got too tall for the mini. I had a Weeride prior to the Yepp, and found the Yepp sits further forwards and interferes with my knees less, although as it’s mounted on the steerer your head angle will be important, as per eyerideit’s post.

igm

You can get a Harley style windshield for those you know.

toys19
    Free Member
    eyerideit
    Free Member

The windshield only fits a quill type stem attachment so the one I ordered is still waiting to be posted back to Wiggle.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Forward facing child seats’ is closed to new replies.