Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Forks on a Cannondale Prophet
  • sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Anyone running 150mm forks on their Cannondale Prophet? Is it ok? Tried it and didn’t like it? Interested in your opinions please.

Steve

racing_ralph
    Free Member

so 140mm pikes are 520mm axle to crown
    sag at 25% = ride height of 485mm

150mm forks with an axle to crown of 530mm
    sag at 25% = ride height of 492.5mm

you can tell the difference of a ride height that varies by 7.5mm – i think not!

z1ppy

so harsh… have a cup of tea dear & calm down.

Sheppie, as you may know the Prophet MX/X or 4X are warrentied for up to 160mm forks (crown to axle length dependant), so quite of ppl do run it without issue.
    *though if had bought a STD (not MX/X or 4X) prophet from new, c’dale won’t warrenty you frame if you run over 140mm forks*

I know that the 140mm forks (lefty in my case) even in the Freeride shock position doesn’t feel at all slack, so as R_R says that extra 7/5-10mm is going to make little difference.

number2
    Free Member

I have 150mm RC41 Fighters on mine and it feels great. Climbs much better than my previous Jekyll with the same fork but I guess it was too long for the Jekyll. I have nothing to compare it with on the Prophet though ‘cos I built it up from a frame only.

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Thanks all. Now may have the option for a full bike so may be selling the large prophet frame I just bought (fickle me)

z1ppy

good god man, took me fricken ages to find a large one, now you tell me you bought a large frame and are getting rid of it as you getting a complete (Large) bike

FFS!

🙄

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

z1ppy – i know, i know. I won the frame on the bay last night and then got a response about a full bike this morning… typical bus analogy.

DustyLilac
    Free Member

The official line from Cannondale is fork length measured from the bottom of the head tube to the centre line of the axle. This equates to the a2c measurement for the fork, plus the height of the lower headset cup.

Std frame – 530mm, MX frame 570mm

So with Pikes at 517mm a2c you have a spare 13mm for the lower headset cup on a standard frame. If you wanted to fit 150mm forks an integrated headset would allow this and not exceed the recommended max.

I really don’t think an extra 10mm of fork travel would matter, although the guy I saw the other day with a set of dual crown Nixons on his standard frame may have been pushing the limits a touch though..

phutphutend

I ran my Prophet with 36s for a long time and it was fine. Admittedly, i wound them down for trail riding but let them full out for DH. At a DH race in Spain i saw a chap running a Prophet with Boxxers, and he wasn’t slow either, he raced for a local team!

Ben_Haworth

I run Fox 36 Talas forks on my Prophet with a zero-stack headset. Ace. The fork crown does hit the cable-stop on the downtube though – but I’m prepared to live with that for ride advantages/handling.

DustyLilac
    Free Member

+1 for 36s on a Prophet…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

grind off the cable stop, run a snigle front ring, full length outer to rear?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Forks on a Cannondale Prophet’ is closed to new replies.